New Teaser released 2/2/21

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's no "sounds like a V8" crap anymore. Just do a quick Google search and most of the info is already confirmed as of the release today. The truck will retain the current motor for 2021 with similar output. In 2022 they will be releasing a Raptor R with the SCV8 making over 700hp. At release the Gen 3 will basically one up the TRX by a small margin on all the stats (towing, ground clearance, etc), add a bunch of creature comfort technology, and be otherwise similar in appearance and output to Gen 2.

Railroader

Reaction score
The "reveal" was a WASTE!!
Didn't even lift the hood.

whoever directed that should be FIRED!

AT LEAST GIVE A TEASER AS TO THE ENGINE!

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The "reveal" was a WASTE!!
Didn't even lift the hood.

whoever directed that should be FIRED!

AT LEAST GIVE A TEASER AS TO THE ENGINE!

The engine is already confirmed to be the HO TTV6 EcoBoost from the Gen 2. There aren't any questions about this. The auto journalists like Car and Driver already have articles on the Ford-confirmed details. Output on the V6 isn't confirmed but is suspected to be a slight bump (like 10-20hp) and that's it. There will be a Raptor R with the V8 a year or so later.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll hang onto my Gen 2 and wait for a used R about 2-3 years from now.

Looks like the non-R version will have some improvements but probably won't be the leap forward that Gen 2 was vs Gen 1. I'll probably consider upgrading once it has been out for a year and I see what the Raptor R specs/price will be.

Vader

Reaction score
I'll hang onto my Gen 2 and wait for a used R about 2-3 years from now.
This^
Except I will hang onto my Gen 1 a few more years thill this is reality. Ford is so far behind on production most of us will be lucky to see the "nex gen" Raptor at a dealer near us until 2023.