New Stainlessworks Exhaust...Strange sucking sound.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Javelin

Reaction score
Ok, I just installed the cat back system from stainless works on my 13 Supercab.
Factory connect, S-tube mufflers, behind rear tire. Sweet exhaust....But For some reason when I accelerate hard there's a loud sucking sound. I Have a K&N Drop in (Not a full CAI) but I tried installing the factory filter and it still made the noise.

Cant tell if its a leak or it needs more air because the exhaust is less restrictive now? Mabye something got jumbled loose on the manifold when they were installing the exhaust?

Has this happened to anyone else? Wondering if im damaging my engine somehow.

Thanks in advance!

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well in my case that sucking sound is usually coming from my wife's face as it is in my lap because every time I hit the skinny pedal the sound of hells gates opening coming from my SW tail pipes makes her wet. That's just a normal day with stainless works headers and lightning style cat back.

Stainless Works says "your welcome"

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

Stainless Works

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ok, I just installed the cat back system from stainless works on my 13 Supercab.
Factory connect, S-tube mufflers, behind rear tire. Sweet exhaust....But For some reason when I accelerate hard there's a loud sucking sound. I Have a K&N Drop in (Not a full CAI) but I tried installing the factory filter and it still made the noise.

Cant tell if its a leak or it needs more air because the exhaust is less restrictive now? Mabye something got jumbled loose on the manifold when they were installing the exhaust?

Has this happened to anyone else? Wondering if im damaging my engine somehow.

Thanks in advance!

Best guess, sucking sound is from the intake. Now you have a free flowing exhaust that is causing that intake to work hard. Think big air pump!

NickPik83- the exhaust fumes are going to your head....oh wait haha

thewhorne

Reaction score
Iam having the same exact problem. Now I have a K&N full CAI and have had it for months but she just recently started making that sucking noise from the upper right of the engine compartment when I mash on the gas(so all the time). Iam in the same boat and hope someone knows what it could be my mechanic seems to think it is involving the heater core and an air pocket being in there but I think he is just as clueless when it comes to the matter. Let's hear some feedback guys I know someone on this forum knows what's up it's the best concentration of minds regarding for raptors on the internet