NEW! Stage Series HitchMount LED Pod Kit | The BEST 5 Minute Mod!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's limited thought to automatically assume that if something is plugged into the 7 or 4 pin connector, that a ball mount is also installed in the receiver hitch and a trailer is attached to that ball mount.

Same as their issues with runnnig tailgate free- they aren't fully thinking through the way people actually use their trucks. It's likely because young Ford engineers have not owned trucks for 40 years and ran into "all of the things you see in life" yet.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, so I bought the C1R for my 2018 Gen 2 and the damn thing is going crazy with "No Trailer Detected" Errors over and over and over, despite me hitting "OK" multiple times........and the damn thing kept dinging as I was driving......I had to remove the darn thing immediately after installing.....worked fine in Park with running lights and flashers.

Can you do a video on how to correct this?

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK, so I bought the C1R for my 2018 Gen 2 and the damn thing is going crazy with "No Trailer Detected" Errors over and over and over, despite me hitting "OK" multiple times........and the damn thing kept dinging as I was driving......I had to remove the darn thing immediately after installing.....worked fine in Park with running lights and flashers.

Can you do a video on how to correct this?
As far as I know, those C1R kits were "recalled", of sorts, for this exact issue. I don't know of a fix that DD has come up with as of yet.

However, @Specialtyperformanceparts is developing something similar (better in my opinion), and I'm eagerly anticipating it's release!

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, those C1R kits were "recalled", of sorts, for this exact issue. I don't know of a fix that DD has come up with as of yet.

However, @Specialtyperformanceparts is developing something similar (better in my opinion), and I'm eagerly anticipating it's release!

OK, so I called DD today and they told me they are working to get the OEM connectors for Fords, and apparently some GM trucks are also having an issue as well. Once they get the connectors, they will be producing and shipping out the harnesses to those who provide them the following items, 1. Proof of Purchase and 2. Your address to deliver the new harness to once they are produced.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Automotive Lighting Experts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, so I called DD today and they told me they are working to get the OEM connectors for Fords, and apparently some GM trucks are also having an issue as well. Once they get the connectors, they will be producing and shipping out the harnesses to those who provide them the following items, 1. Proof of Purchase and 2. Your address to deliver the new harness to once they are produced.
Correct!

We're patiently awaiting components and then will begin rolling out updated harnesses for C1R purchases / existing customers.

However, it's important to note our C1 option doesn't interfere with Ford/GM trucks.

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the C1R that DD swapped out for the normal C1 harness and waiting on the updated C1R harness. It does light up as a marker light and reverse light which isnt bad but the brake function would be nice since I originally paid for it

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Automotive Lighting Experts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone!

While our C1R HitchMount is compatible with most vehicles, some newer models experienced trailer detection warnings when using our universal 7-pin C1R harness.

Please note this behavior does NOT apply to the standard C1 Hitchmount.

Our team has designed a Ford-specific harness that is completely plug-and-play with no error messages.

nNv0Cie.jpg

These new harnesses and all HitchMount kits are IN STOCK and ready to ship starting tomorrow!

If you currently own a C1R and have been awaiting the harness, our customer service team is working on reaching out to customers.

To expedite this process, please give us a call at 314-205-3033 Monday-Friday 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. CST, or shoot us an email at [email protected], and our service team would be happy to help you with this!

Important Notice:

Our Memorial Day Sale begins tomorrow 5/25 and our C1R HitchMount LED Pods with the updated harness will be included in this sale at 15% off.

If you're looking to order ASAP, please consider visiting the website tomorrow for additional savings!

The product listing will be discoverable here later this evening.