NEW! Stage Series HitchMount LED Pod Kit | The BEST 5 Minute Mod!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Automotive Lighting Experts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our production team here in St.Louis, Missouri is working hard to fulfill C1 and C1R pre-orders!

MEGGGrg.jpg

a4TLhXE.jpg

aqJl9es.jpg

Hio3dgp.jpg

da6zDEX.jpg

riMxUq0.jpg

Thank you for your support and patience!

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
When you guys tested these on an F150/Raptor did you get the "trailer detected" message on the dash? I know a lot of F150 guys had issues when they installed the tailgate LED taillight/blinker bar that hooks to the 7 (maybe 3/4) pin connector. Most had to tap into the taillights to avoid the "trailer detected" issue. I have a pre-order in. Just hoping it doesn't trigger that same response.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you guys tested these on an F150/Raptor did you get the "trailer detected" message on the dash? I know a lot of F150 guys had issues when they installed the tailgate LED taillight/blinker bar that hooks to the 7 (maybe 3/4) pin connector. Most had to tap into the taillights to avoid the "trailer detected" issue. I have a pre-order in. Just hoping it doesn't trigger that same response.

From the thread in the gen2 section:

I emailed Diode Dynamics and unfortunately this does trigger the truck into thinking there is a trailer attached. Here is their response:
Thanks for reaching out. Yes, when installing the hitch mount kit, your vehicle will think that a trailer is attached. With some vehicles, this could disable things such as reverse backup or BLIS systems. I am sorry that I did not have better news to report, however if you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know!

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@blwn thanks for that. I sold my GEN2 and this will actually be for my GEN1 which doesn't have any fancy systems. So think I'm good. Find out soon enough.