New Shoes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Double Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're going to love those tires the more you drive with them. I had a set on my FJ Cruiser and it performed flawlessly on a cross-country trip with everything from sand to snow and ice. I'll be putting a set on our Raptor when the time comes.

CSmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering the same because I'm considering getting these tires!

Kytann

Reaction score
So I'm not Duc, but I do have a set of these tires. I gotta say he influenced me and I got the same setup in the same size, 325/65R18. They are really wide tires.

They are really quiet. Not just for a mud tire, as in I don't notice tire noise at all. They also have phenomenal traction in the snow. Not so much on the ice though, on ice they're a little slickery But that was to be expected with a mus tire.

I did have some trouble balancing them. Discount tire tried a couple times and failed, so I went and got some balancing beads. 8 oz each tire. It helped, though they are still not perfect. I can feel a slight vibration right around 55 mph. I think with more of the balancing beads it would've worked much better.

Banned
Reaction score
so the general consensus is these tires are good correct?

they look identical to the toyo's aside from side lug design.

anyone ran both? compare them?

IRONMAN

Reaction score
So I'm not Duc, but I do have a set of these tires. I gotta say he influenced me and I got the same setup in the same size, 325/65R18. They are really wide tires.

They are really quiet. Not just for a mud tire, as in I don't notice tire noise at all. They also have phenomenal traction in the snow. Not so much on the ice though, on ice they're a little slickery But that was to be expected with a mus tire.

I did have some trouble balancing them. Discount tire tried a couple times and failed, so I went and got some balancing beads. 8 oz each tire. It helped, though they are still not perfect. I can feel a slight vibration right around 55 mph. I think with more of the balancing beads it would've worked much better.

I have the same tires and I think they are terrible in the snow. First snow fall we had was around 2" and coming to a stop which I was approaching pretty slow ended up sliding right through the intersection into my neighbors drive way.
Went out the next day and bought some Duratracs and had them put on the stock rims. Now I have a set of winter wheels and tires and a set for the summer.
They humm a bit on highway speeds but not too bad. Over all it's a nice tire for mud, wouldn't recommend them in the sand either.

Kytann

Reaction score
I have the same tires and I think they are terrible in the snow. First snow fall we had was around 2" and coming to a stop which I was approaching pretty slow ended up sliding right through the intersection into my neighbors drive way.
Went out the next day and bought some Duratracs and had them put on the stock rims. Now I have a set of winter wheels and tires and a set for the summer.
They humm a bit on highway speeds but not too bad. Over all it's a nice tire for mud, wouldn't recommend them in the sand either.

My guess is there was ice under that snow. They do slide on ice pretty easily. But that's any Mud tire with big tread blocks and no siping. I understand this and drive accordingly.

Never tried the Duratracs. I have tried Blizzaks on my previous truck. Those were great on ice, and light snow. Deep snow they packed full and didn't do so well. I imagine the Duratracs are somewhere in between.

So I like them in snow, and you hate them in snow. Just goes to show different driving styles. I turn off all traction and stability control and gun it through whenever I have no other cars around me, and it slides really predictably. Break away characteristics are progressive, and the bite when I get all four wheels spinning is awesome. Recovery once I decide I want to stop sliding is also predictable and quick. Pretty much everything I could ask for in a winter tire.

But I also understand most people do not drive like I do. If you drive your truck like a car, then mud tires probably are not for you.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
My guess is there was ice under that snow. They do slide on ice pretty easily. But that's any Mud tire with big tread blocks and no siping. I understand this and drive accordingly.

Never tried the Duratracs. I have tried Blizzaks on my previous truck. Those were great on ice, and light snow. Deep snow they packed full and didn't do so well. I imagine the Duratracs are somewhere in between.

So I like them in snow, and you hate them in snow. Just goes to show different driving styles. I turn off all traction and stability control and gun it through whenever I have no other cars around me, and it slides really predictably. Break away characteristics are progressive, and the bite when I get all four wheels spinning is awesome. Recovery once I decide I want to stop sliding is also predictable and quick. Pretty much everything I could ask for in a winter tire.

But I also understand most people do not drive like I do. If you drive your truck like a car, then mud tires probably are not for you.

No ice under the snow but is was more of like a wet snow. I normally drive in sport mode as I do not like all the nannies on while driving in the snow.
As for driving my truck like a car haha THAT'S definitely not true.
Like you said about gunning your truck through whatever is how I like to drive I just like to know when I need to stop, it'll stop.

Big Rig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a set of those tires on an 07' F-150, mounted to stock F-150 wheels, worked great, looked great,ran em about 6000 miles then I bought After market Pro comp 7005 wheels had the coopers mounted to the pro comps and they rode like crap,they were balanced and rebalanced by 3 different people nothing worked was either the tires got put on out of rotation or the rims were bad...was only at higher speeds a bit of a wobble that was tollerable but my husband is now leary of aftermarket wheels on trucks :-/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter