How do I program new TPMS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pandonsf

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kinda figured that would be the case but if you rotate the tire into position it will read? I don’t want to buy a 5th wheel and do the rotation if I’m gonna end up getting a TPMS code on the computer. It wouldn’t be worth it.
I’m guessing so, haven’t done it yet. But when I swapped wheels the truck picked up the new sensors immediately.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I do is 5 wheel rotations every 5k. When you rotate, the "new" tire on the ground will pick up and read. They will show funny until you get down the road a ways and then the truck will sort it out.

OP
OP
B

bluraptor

Reaction score
I installed them on the wheels and put the tires on and drove it. Picked up pressure right away. Tried inflating/deflating each one and it read accordingly. No programming needed.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I got my methods mounted and balanced and when we went to do the 5th, his machine didn't detect the TPMS to program it. When searching through manually, it didn't have a 2022 Ford Raptor. I am assuming that the TPMS tool didn't have the latest update?

Attachments

• ADEE6DCD-B8C3-49F5-B680-D4E581B36395.jpeg
    ADEE6DCD-B8C3-49F5-B680-D4E581B36395.jpeg
    187.5 KB · Views: 13