New Owner from NJ!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boosteds2k

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Before pulling the trigger on a new truck I decided to sign up for a couple forums and creep around and do some research. After a couple week I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on a 2013 oxford white screw. I have owned the truck for a little close to two weeks now and I couldn't be happier.

here's a pic of it the first week I grabbed it. I took the pic at a local park in NJ and it was a rather boring shot so I quickly just photoshopped the backround lol

1897743_10151928284797019_1163029335_n.jpg

Over the past two weeks I really took the time to just try and go over every inch of the truck and research most of my questions about it on here.
I also did a few really small mods. I ditched the front license plate bracket and plugged the holes. I also purchased/installed a stubby antenna bedside/hood graphics from the guys at designs and signs (who btw do amazing work!) I couldn't be happier with their products!

anyhow I most likely will not be tinkering with the truck anymore until next year as I still have my other project to finish for the summer ! (which is my honda s2000)

this has been my project for the past 7 years of my life and is part of the reason I purchased the raptor. ( because I wanted to start towing it to events)

this is an ongoing project but its my baby.
However as I was on the cover of a nation wide magazine this past summer I plan on wrapping the build up and bringing the project to an end at the end of this year and starting something new ! (the raptor)

car features : complete tucked and shaved engine bay with a 2.4L stroked motor and 67mm borgwarner turbo putting down 750+whp @9k rpms. It also features a hand fabricated custom metal widebody kit making this one of if not the widest s2000 in the world allowing me to run 18x13.5 rear wheels
1187073_10151575857972019_145364693_n.jpg

946296_10151511228197019_2052208162_n.jpg

562976_10151525581782019_551051207_n.jpg

anyhow I could go on and on about my s2000 but as I said before its a project thats coming to an end.

stepping into this new truck is a whole different ballpark litarelly polar opposites for me lol ayhow im extremely excited to learn about and tear open a new can of worms for this truck.

which leads me to my first HUGE question that I couldnt find too much information on.

Im going to be towing my s2000 approx 1-3 times a year probably about 40 hrs worth of towing a year. Estimating car + trailer weight to be about 4000-4500lbs. I believe the raptor is rated for about 8000lbs of towing how ever given that is has racing suspension etc etc I was wondering if it would be wise to make any modifications before I start making long hauls while towing.

Reason I ask is because most of my friends that trailer their vehicles suggest I purchase airbags for the rear to prevent the suspension from sagging. Would this be a good idea ? or a bad one?

Would love to hear what you guys have to say!

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're one of a few people here that has/had an S, i'm coming from an 08 LBP with KW's and the SOS SC kit, pretty basic mods but I really enjoyed that car. Welcome.

OP
OP
B

Boosteds2k

Reaction score
Welcome to the family

thank you!

You're one of a few people here that has/had an S, i'm coming from an 08 LBP with KW's and the SOS SC kit, pretty basic mods but I really enjoyed that car. Welcome.

I will be taking my s to the grave lol. Thats awesome though! glad to see a fellow s2k owner on here especially with a very good taste in mods! Thank you!

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
evening...

welcome from Rockland County NY. what part of NJ r u from? there is a Raptor meet at Krazy House Customs on 3/22. u should come hang out and check out all the mod goodies

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im going to be towing my s2000 approx 1-3 times a year probably about 40 hrs worth of towing a year. Estimating car + trailer weight to be about 4000-4500lbs. I believe the raptor is rated for about 8000lbs of towing how ever given that is has racing suspension etc etc I was wondering if it would be wise to make any modifications before I start making long hauls while towing.

Reason I ask is because most of my friends that trailer their vehicles suggest I purchase airbags for the rear to prevent the suspension from sagging. Would this be a good idea ? or a bad one?

Would love to hear what you guys have to say!

as far as towing u should be fine but personally i would look into a set of HD leaf pack springs like WSI(im getting), Nationals, etc... this will help the truck from sagging and ride better while towing and offroading

actually if u go to the KHC meet i mentioned i am getting rear leaf spings that day and you can check them out along with other member's trucks with rear leafs installed