New Order Lottery? Deposit Non-Refundable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score
Heya boys

Finally buying one of these things, and I found a dealer willing to put in a new order for $400 over invoice. However, the salesman came at me with some unexpected processes. First of all, he tells me that the 2013 Raptor is low on allocation nationally (understandable), and that Ford has now issued a lottery for new 2013 orders. He says that he can put in the new order for me, but there is no guarantee that I'll be selected from the 2013 Raptor order pool lottery. I am told this lottery is managed by Ford, and the dealership has nothing to do with it. This was the first I've heard of this. Legit?

Secondly, he told me he can place the $400 over invoice order, but I have to sign a "partial payment form," give them $1000, and that the $1000 is non-refundable if I do not take delivery. He says the only way the $1000 can be refunded is if my order does not get pulled for build, and they can't deliver the truck.

These both registered red flags for me, mostly the non-refundable deposit. Anybody have experience with either process?

OP
OP
BMart

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score
I prodded about the deposit, here is their response:

"This is a process that we have set into place to keep the Attorney General at bay. We sell to all over the country and Canada. When you have a vehicle on your lot or in your inventory; to mark it sold you have to have 2 things. 1) An agreement and signature from a buyer & 2) money that has exchanged hands. If you had an emergency and were not able to make it here to complete the transaction; we would comepletely understand and work with you on this. If it came to the point of you not being able to buy the truck then I think we would be able to refund your money. We are not here to take peoples money just because. It is in place so that the client and EGF are in constant communication once the truck arrives. It will not be refunded if you comepletely vanish from the face of the earth without any communication to us."

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Def go to a different dealer. They sound shady! None of this was discussed a month ago when I ordered and no down payment or lottery. They only asked for a $500 hold check that will not get cashed to show I was serious about the order.

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SCAM!!
Other posts have pointed out that Ford is not taking any order for 2013. Year is over. If you want to order one, have wait till 2014 opens.

I'm no expert. But never heard of a Ford lottery.

Do not give them any money. Do not buy anything from them.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2013 order banks are still open.

SCAM!!
Other posts have pointed out that Ford is not taking any order for 2013. Year is over. If you want to order one, have wait till 2014 opens.

I'm no expert. But never heard of a Ford lottery.

Do not give them any money. Do not buy anything from them.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A contract has to have an offer and an acceptance...this can be **** or in writing. Obviously the later is preferred...the Form of acceptance can be nominal usually $10...just to have an amount...

RaptorJet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Order banks are in fact still open. You probably just have to find a dealer with a larger allotment of raptors. It is very possible that many dealers that don't sell many raptors a year are no longer able to place orders. Order banks are not supposed to close until mid August. Order banks for 2014 open up a week before 2013 closes if I'm not mistaken.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heya boys

Finally buying one of these things, and I found a dealer willing to put in a new order for $400 over invoice. However, the salesman came at me with some unexpected processes. First of all, he tells me that the 2013 Raptor is low on allocation nationally (understandable), and that Ford has now issued a lottery for new 2013 orders. He says that he can put in the new order for me, but there is no guarantee that I'll be selected from the 2013 Raptor order pool lottery. I am told this lottery is managed by Ford, and the dealership has nothing to do with it. This was the first I've heard of this. Legit?

Secondly, he told me he can place the $400 over invoice order, but I have to sign a "partial payment form," give them $1000, and that the $1000 is non-refundable if I do not take delivery. He says the only way the $1000 can be refunded is if my order does not get pulled for build, and they can't deliver the truck.

These both registered red flags for me, mostly the non-refundable deposit. Anybody have experience with either process?

Message Randy to the right. Even if you don't order from him, he will get you straightened out on information ---------------->

OP
OP
BMart

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score
Message Randy to the right. Even if you don't order from him, he will get you straightened out on information ---------------->

Last time I contacted Randy his new order list was capped. His allocation was full up and he had a wait list longer than my...

It has been awhile though, I'll try him again.