New OEM Shocks Arrived

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joekai

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well - after much deliberation - I've decided to purchase the 2.5 OEMs at dealer cost. I could not justify stepping up to 3.0's of any kind as my truck has only run as a DD and all the Snoballs... (Building the new home WILL take precedence over an upgrade on the suspension)

After Memorial Day Weekend I'm headed down to meet up with Jon @2014RubyRed Crown Offroad to have the new ones installed. We're then going to rebuild the old set (58k miles and seeping/leaking).

Then I'm going to learn about Pinch Welds... :) This will help make the rubbing go away on my rig in full turns. (Method Fat Fives w/0 offset and MT Baja MTZ stock size tires)

***Need to make sure to add time to the trip to swing by the I-80 Truck Stop!~!! Never been there - would love to see it.

I would like to ask, what was your deciding factor of buying new OEM replacements, rather than trying to pick up a set of take offs from someone?

Thank you

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@RaptorScrew
When are you headed to Peoria? The I-80 truck stop isn't that big of deal. It is big and busy. Full of truckers. Lol...

On place to check out is the Machine Shed for a meal, preferably breakfast. There are a few of them in Iowa, see if there is one along your route.

Lastly, have you considered adding the Geiser springs to the stock shocks?

@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
www.runraptorrun.com

OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@RaptorScrew
When are you headed to Peoria? The I-80 truck stop isn't that big of deal. It is big and busy. Full of truckers. Lol...

On place to check out is the Machine Shed for a meal, preferably breakfast. There are a few of them in Iowa, see if there is one along your route.

Lastly, have you considered adding the Geiser springs to the stock shocks?

www.runraptorrun.com

I head down Thursday afternoon via Hwy 63 to I80.

What would the springs do as an added benefit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I head down Thursday afternoon via Hwy 63 to I80.

What would the springs do as an added benefit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't have them, but it seems a lot of guys who have purchased them are pleased with them. From what I understand, they have a larger spring rate making them stiffer. You will get better rebound when offroad and the springs will give you a nice stands upfront.

Here is the thread on them.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=868194

www.runraptorrun.com

Last edited:
OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would like to ask, what was your deciding factor of buying new OEM replacements, rather than trying to pick up a set of take offs from someone?

Thank you

I was watching the prices takeoff sets were going for... By the time I would buy them, have them shipped, ship them out for rebuild and back again, I'm not that far off from just getting new with no corrosion.

I'll put these on, have old set rebuilt and keep as next spare...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Headed down to Crown OffRoad tonight after work for my new OEM shock install, Geiser Bros front springs and pinch welds - all thanx to the help of Jon @2014RubyRed and @Qcfx2 for the springs.

Looking forward to getting the great ride back into this truck!

Last edited: