Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N-PadreIslandRaptor
Reaction score

Attachments

• 4F315450-BCC1-42AD-A4BC-9563D48D21A3.jpeg
    4F315450-BCC1-42AD-A4BC-9563D48D21A3.jpeg
    158.7 KB · Views: 7
  • A60E6576-7570-4528-B904-0BF53A731D7B.jpeg
    A60E6576-7570-4528-B904-0BF53A731D7B.jpeg
    139.1 KB · Views: 7
  • EB2E1A7B-039D-4F06-8C00-90446B75C0A0.jpeg
    EB2E1A7B-039D-4F06-8C00-90446B75C0A0.jpeg
    154.2 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
N-PadreIslandRaptor
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome!

1. Check and change your oil regularly
2. Being a 2019 with 31k and still under factory warranty, consider a Ford extended warranty (check out flood ford ESP)
3. Get ready to spend stupid amounts of money upgrading your truck :p
Roger that! I bought an extended warranty to cover the unknowns and to protect me from the previous owner, who more that likely drove it like they stole it.

OP
OP
N-PadreIslandRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF
#MaybeOneLessprius
#ThisWe'llDefend

The ’19+ MY trucks have a great deal of bugs worked out. I think there was an oil consumption issue, related to the valve cover on some trucks. keep an eye on the oil level.

The thing about the Rap is that it is truly far more capable than most people ever push it. Watch some of the Raptor Assault videos on the ‘net. You can fly over stuff that would beat the living daylights out trucks with poorly thought out suspension.

What are you plans for the truck? all recreation? some commuting, vacating, mid-travel baja rig?
Thanks brother. Plans are for a few suggested upgrades that I have already read on the Forums. Will most likely do the 2.5inch or 4 “ lift so that I can run 37’s in the future. But whatever changes I make are going to compliment her.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
#OneLessprius
#BlackRaptorsMatter
#AMBRaptorsAreNotBlackEnough
Here are some pics of my truck. I am pretty sure these are not Bead lock rims, so ai am not sure how much air I can drop out of these when in the sand or rock crawling? Thoughts?
not bead lock capable. You safely get down to the teens other FRF report. I do well at low 20’s but plan on trying out upper teens psi next time on sand. There are definite compliance benefits to lower pressure on the sand. Rock crawling - I’m going to defer on this one, I’ve not done it since R/A. For all around mixed between street and off road I’d be pretty close to the Raptor Assault preferred settings and last I heard it was around 32f / 28r give or take. With my street biased driving I like 34 / 32, slightly higher on trips - unloaded.

Thanks brother. Plans are for a few suggested upgrades that I have already read on the Forums. Will most likely do the 2.5inch or 4 “ lift so that I can run 37’s in the future. But whatever changes I make are going to compliment her.

I don’t think you need all that to run 37’s - will let those campaigning 37’s reply back. Honestly, I’ve not seen the need to go with the taller tires and kind of like the ride characteristics as they are.

Be wary of lift on the Raptor, the center of gravity is part of the appeal.

OP
OP
N-PadreIslandRaptor
Reaction score
#OneLessprius
#BlackRaptorsMatter
#AMBRaptorsAreNotBlackEnough

not bead lock capable. You safely get down to the teens other FRF report. I do well at low 20’s but plan on trying out upper teens psi next time on sand. There are definite compliance benefits to lower pressure on the sand. Rock crawling - I’m going to defer on this one, I’ve not done it since R/A. For all around mixed between street and off road I’d be pretty close to the Raptor Assault preferred settings and last I heard it was around 32f / 28r give or take. With my street biased driving I like 34 / 32, slightly higher on trips - unloaded.

I don’t think you need all that to run 37’s - will let those campaigning 37’s reply back. Honestly, I’ve not seen the need to go with the taller tires and kind of like the ride characteristics as they are.

Be wary of lift on the Raptor, the center of gravity is part of the appeal.
Thanks for the sharing your tire pressure insight. All great points on the lift as well.. I like the stance but for some reason it just seems smaller compared to the Gen 3's. Maybe just a leveling kit for the front end?

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all, new member. Recently retired after 28 years in the Army and bought myself a retirement present. A 2019 Raptor, I don’t know much about the truck or the prior owner but it does have aftermarket wheels and BFG All terrain tires. It has a Roush airbox and it seems like it has been chipped or reprogrammed. Not sure what else to look for to determine what has been done to it. Runs and drives great with only 31,000 miles on it. Can any share their top 3 must know’s about this truck? Thanks in advance. Best, Chris
Congrats, thank you for your service, and welcome to happiness. As already stated,
1. Change your oil regularly. She’s a thirsty girl
2. You are now better than everyone else on the road. Don’t be put off by the angry Tundra, Tacoma, and TRX drivers that constantly proceed to drive like morons around you. It’s not personal. They simply lack any form of sound judgement and have come to the realization that they financed a dumpster fire and are stuck like chuck.
3. You can have your local Ford service department run the VIN and see if any of the TSB’s were squared away by the previous owner. I likewise have a 2019 and have had the Cam Phasers Replaced and reprogrammed, transmission was reprogrammed, the integrated wheel hub assemblies were completely replaced as well, steering wheel airbag assembly was replaced twice after the cover tore. You can Google search “2019 Ford F-150 TSB’s” if you have an issue and see if it’s been addressed.

Also, Ford extends a one time invite to their Raptor Assault School out in Utah for Raptor owners. You can Google Raptor Assault and it’ll ask you for your VIN. If the first owner never went, then the entry is all yours. All I got.

OP
OP
N-PadreIslandRaptor
Reaction score
Suh. Weet!

Dropping the psi in the tires makes a serious difference on the sand. since you’re mentioning commuting, if tunes are a thing for you, the stock stereo in the Raptor leaves something to be desired for the more enthusiastic of audiophiles. You may want to look into upgrades here. If you spend a lot of time in the truck, good tunes really do help pass the time.
Great points. It has the B&O sound system with Sync 3. I do want to as some additional exterior lighting. I have seen a few different front bumper mods that include a winch and LED lights.

OP
OP
N-PadreIslandRaptor
Reaction score
Tha
Congrats, thank you for your service, and welcome to happiness. As already stated,
1. Change your oil regularly. She’s a thirsty girl
2. You are now better than everyone else on the road. Don’t be put off by the angry Tundra, Tacoma, and TRX drivers that constantly proceed to drive like morons around you. It’s not personal. They simply lack any form of sound judgement and have come to the realization that they financed a dumpster fire and are stuck like chuck.
3. You can have your local Ford service department run the VIN and see if any of the TSB’s were squared away by the previous owner. I likewise have a 2019 and have had the Cam Phasers Replaced and reprogrammed, transmission was reprogrammed, the integrated wheel hub assemblies were completely replaced as well, steering wheel airbag assembly was replaced twice after the cover tore. You can Google search “2019 Ford F-150 TSB’s” if you have an issue and see if it’s been addressed.

Also, Ford extends a one time invite to their Raptor Assault School out in Utah for Raptor owners. You can Google Raptor Assault and it’ll ask you for your VIN. If the first owner never went, then the entry is all yours. All I got.
Thanks Brother! I will definitely look into the existing warranty, I know that I did also buy the extended warranty as well.

I will also go to the Raptor Assault website and check into that. I doubt the previous owner went by the way this vehicle looks. It appears like it never left the pavement.

Thanks for the insight and help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter