Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N-PadreIslandRaptor
Reaction score

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF
#MaybeOneLessprius
#ThisWe'llDefend

The ’19+ MY trucks have a great deal of bugs worked out. I think there was an oil consumption issue, related to the valve cover on some trucks. keep an eye on the oil level.

The thing about the Rap is that it is truly far more capable than most people ever push it. Watch some of the Raptor Assault videos on the ‘net. You can fly over stuff that would beat the living daylights out trucks with poorly thought out suspension.

What are you plans for the truck? all recreation? some commuting, vacating, mid-travel baja rig?

CTK59

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Mexico, it ain't "new" & it ain't "mexico"
Thanks for your service and enjoy retirement.

Agree with previous comments, but ran 91 octane here in SW as no 93 and did fine. I'd change the oil, unless have verification it was recently done and mods can be very dangerous and become a full time job. Toyota owners will hate you...

OP
OP
N-PadreIslandRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF
#MaybeOneLessprius
#ThisWe'llDefend

The ’19+ MY trucks have a great deal of bugs worked out. I think there was an oil consumption issue, related to the valve cover on some trucks. keep an eye on the oil level.

The thing about the Rap is that it is truly far more capable than most people ever push it. Watch some of the Raptor Assault videos on the ‘net. You can fly over stuff that would beat the living daylights out trucks with poorly thought out suspension.

What are you plans for the truck? all recreation? some commuting, vacating, mid-travel baja rig?
For now recreational and commuting. Definitely will be driven in the sand, as we have about 80 of beach to drive on.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Suh. Weet!

Dropping the psi in the tires makes a serious difference on the sand. since you’re mentioning commuting, if tunes are a thing for you, the stock stereo in the Raptor leaves something to be desired for the more enthusiastic of audiophiles. You may want to look into upgrades here. If you spend a lot of time in the truck, good tunes really do help pass the time.