New Member from AZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VFFTX

Reaction score
Hi Everyone I am Brian. I picked up my 2020 Raptor and the very end of Jan! I got the SC with the 802A package. I have installed a Roll n lock bed cover and have my Baja Design bumper lights ready to go in this coming week.

Four weeks after i bought my truck a guy tried to shoot through a gap across three lanes of traffic and smashed right into the drivers side quarter panel area and wheel. My truck had 1951 miles on it. The frame was bent right behind the suspension. I had it towed over to the Ford dealer where i bought it. Just over $40k in repairs. I argued with Ins for months that is should be totaled.

Long story short it is now fixed and i got it back yesterday! The ford dealer did an amazing job on my raptor. There is still ins stuff to work out for the value beating i will be taking because of the rebuild on my brand new truck.

This is my first ever Ford. My best friend has had multiple raptors and i always loved riding in them that is what got me hooked! Lots of great information on this forum and i look forward to earning some more.

I will post some of the repaired pics and crash pics below also.

>>>>>>>

I had a similar experience with wife’s car and luckily my insurance totaled it.. it was approx 65%-70% of the car value... if that happened to my Raptor I may have fought it.. but insurance companies are tough nowadays

Last edited:

dirtgod

Reaction score
If the ins co won’t pay you for loss in value (typically they fight that of course), sue their insured directly (he is after all the responsible party) and let their insured bitch at his carrier to pay you for the loss in value as he won’t want any part of such a lawsuit. The Raptors do carry better resale than most and do lose that with the accident in most instances. It’s not a ton of money, but it’s enough to make them squirm. And it’s property damage which carries an attorney fee with it, so at least let them know you are aware of that option. I have assumed with the above that it’s his carrier you are dealing with and not your own. GL..your truck looks great either way

OP
OP
Doubleb21

Doubleb21

Reaction score
If the ins co won’t pay you for loss in value (typically they fight that of course), sue their insured directly (he is after all the responsible party) and let their insured bitch at his carrier to pay you for the loss in value as he won’t want any part of such a lawsuit. The Raptors do carry better resale than most and do lose that with the accident in most instances. It’s not a ton of money, but it’s enough to make them squirm. And it’s property damage which carries an attorney fee with it, so at least let them know you are aware of that option. I have assumed with the above that it’s his carrier you are dealing with and not your own. GL..your truck looks great either way

I appreciate the that feedback. My ins had to fix the truck as he had basic coverage limits. Took a small road trip today and the truck was flawless!

MIScrEanT

Reaction score
At least they stopped. A lot of 'full coverage' areas in AZ. Post some pics when you get your lights installed.. That's a good lookin truck.

OP
OP
Doubleb21

Doubleb21

Reaction score
At least they stopped. A lot of 'full coverage' areas in AZ. Post some pics when you get your lights installed.. That's a good lookin truck.

He was not going far here is his car. Lights go in on Tuesday which I am excited to get done!
62176478-D58E-432B-908E-8B5629DDDE3A.jpeg

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. Glad you’re ok. Also good to hear that you’ve been taken care of by the dealership. Sharp truck enjoy it!