New Meber and EcoBoost Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

Rbernard1984

Reaction score
In '09 you couldn't get orders in until Aug. I put mine in first week of Sept and got it the end of Oct. I also heard on here that the SCrew's won't be available until Dec, but that was from the mouth of a dealer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting, I wonder if Ford has changed this timeframe for newer models so they can get more orders in early. As I mentioned I also have an RS on order. They opened the order bank Oct 12 for that with no expected delivery until April/may, so a 6 month lag.

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

Power was the problem, but you like to mod, I'm confused?

I am not sure what was confusing about that? However, I can ellaborate. The 6.2 was a great engine, but had to be constanly pushed to get any useful power down, ie it didnt work that well for me as a daily. That wasnt any knock against the truck, just didnt fit what I wanted at the time.

At the same time, I do like to mod, but modding a NA engine is almost a waste of money, unless your going straight to forced induction of some sort. Hence I like factory turbo cars, smaller upgrages can yield a great deal more power. Allowing you to tweak the chardcter of the engine without a full blown overhual.

I do not understand why people are so defensive about the 6.2 on here? It was an awesome truck, it didnt fit my needs at the time. Ford is now building a new awesome truck, that I prefer the platform better on. YOU dont have to like or buy one, but no reason to be snippy to me about it.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting, I wonder if Ford has changed this timeframe for newer models so they can get more orders in early. As I mentioned I also have an RS on order. They opened the order bank Oct 12 for that with no expected delivery until April/may, so a 6 month lag.

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

I am not sure what was confusing about that? However, I can ellaborate. The 6.2 was a great engine, but had to be constanly pushed to get any useful power down, ie it didnt work that well for me as a daily. That wasnt any knock against the truck, just didnt fit what I wanted at the time.

At the same time, I do like to mod, but modding a NA engine is almost a waste of money, unless your going straight to forced induction of some sort. Hence I like factory turbo cars, smaller upgrages can yield a great deal more power. Allowing you to tweak the chardcter of the engine without a full blown overhual.

I do not understand why people are so defensive about the 6.2 on here? It was an awesome truck, it didnt fit my needs at the time. Ford is now building a new awesome truck, that I prefer the platform better on. YOU dont have to like or buy one, but no reason to be snippy to me about it.

There wasn't anything snippy about my response, you seem predisposed to take it that way. What I'm saying, is that if power was a problem, and you like to mod anyways, why not just boost it like many have.

OP
OP
R

Rbernard1984

Reaction score
There wasn't anything snippy about my response, you seem predisposed to take it that way. What I'm saying, is that if power was a problem, and you like to mod anyways, why not just boost it like many have.

If it wasnt my daily I may have considered it. I have a buddy that went the TT route and last I checked he is 10-12k into the engine work alone, not to mention being down weeks at a time. As I said, boost is really the only option to for power on a NA motor, but its expensive and lots of down time. Just didnt work for me at the time.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score

didn't know you had a 6.2 thought this was a new adventure for you. let's see some pictures of the old one. we all like pictures....

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If it wasnt my daily I may have considered it. I have a buddy that went the TT route and last I checked he is 10-12k into the engine work alone, not to mention being down weeks at a time. As I said, boost is really the only option to for power on a NA motor, but its expensive and lots of down time. Just didnt work for me at the time.

Yeah I don't know that anyone has cracked the drivability code with turbos on the 6.2, superchargers on the other hand have been done in spades.

Smokinjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"I do not understand why people are so defensive about the 6.2 on here? It was an awesome truck, it didnt fit my needs at the time. Ford is now building a new awesome truck, that I prefer the platform better on. YOU dont have to like or buy one, but no reason to be snippy to me about it."

It was an awesome truck? I believe it still is an awesome truck! I believe it will be an awesome truck for years to come.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"I do not understand why people are so defensive about the 6.2 on here? It was an awesome truck, it didnt fit my needs at the time. Ford is now building a new awesome truck, that I prefer the platform better on. YOU dont have to like or buy one, but no reason to be snippy to me about it."

It was an awesome truck? I believe it still is an awesome truck! I believe it will be an awesome truck for years to come.

:baby:

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Why are you on this new guys thread and starting crap? First Gen got threw under the bus, suck it up butter cup. We're going to be pissed about it. However most of us like the new Jen 2 idea but we are waiting to see what's up its dickies like you that make it hard.