new here from CO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks guys! Now i gatta find a way to delete all my photos and vids i shared on that other forum, wish i could go back in there and delete it and post it all here.

OP
OP
J

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There goes the neighborhood.........welcome dude;)

LOL, thanks man.

yes, im the ******* with the tire....which i wish i never posted most of those comments, as all those people are probably some of the nicest people you could meet, so yea, i deserve more than some criticism.

:poopstorm:

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey jes!

No worries on the "tire incident". Live and learn, eh?

Glad to have ya bud. Welcome! :)

OP
OP
J

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
missed it...fill us in!

:idk:

to make a long story short...developed uneven wear on the front right of my truck, got my tires rotated at 3K at the same dealership...they saw no damage and neither did i to the tire...

2K miles later the inside of my tire was falling apart...took it to the dealership, they blamed "offroading" as the probable cause, never went offroading since i got my tires rotated as i tried explaining 100 times.

called customer support and SVT, they agreed with dealership, as they were not in the position to make that determination.

brought it to 3 different dealerships, all of which had no clue what the truck was made for, nor did they know what an SVT raptor was. At the same time i tried working my tire issue, i also mentioned to the 3 dealerships about my weird noises coming from my tranny..all tried telling me its the same tranny as in any 2010 F150...which i tried confirming with SVT, and the caller on the other end didnt know much as well, seemed more like apencil pusher than anything else.

finally after a week of headaches, went to a dealership 150 miles out of my way, they saw my tire that was falling apart and looked at the other tire that was developing the same wear on the front right...they felt it was a combination of my alignment and the tire itself. replaced both tires and did my alignment, and i was out the door. They could not figure out my tranny cause they never worked on a SVT raptor before, and couldnt duplicate the abnormal noise...

so thats basically where i sit..as i am out here in California for the week...its a great truck, however, i wish the dealerships had something or somebody to turn to to get more educated on repairing these new trucks...

its not like a normal F150, has a lot of different components as what has been mentioned a million times. but as i learned, the only way they can treat repairs for this truck, as if they were treating it like any other F150, if they have no clue about this specific model.

thats what i learned throughout the whole ordeal, and i guess i also learned these tires are NOT like your normal BFG all terrain tire compound, its softer to reduce road noise and handling....so its lifespan is reduced due to the softer compound.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Hey you should get FSM06 to look at your trans. He's taken them apart and might be able to help. Sorry to hear about your troubles...I seem to remember reading that thread on that other website.