New guy in California

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phat

Reaction score
Hi folks...checking in from Cali.

Good chance I'll be picking up a Raptor end of this year, beginning of next so hoping to learn from the folks that usually know the most...forum members.

I've never owned a truck...more of a sportscar guy....1989 Mustang GT Convertible (mod'd) and a 2002 Corvette Z06 (lightly mod'd) are of note.

Really excited to get into one of these bad boys.

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome! fyi shopping out of state will probably save you some money, the process to get it registered is not hard at all.

pete888

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! First truck for me as well and I absolutely love this truck especially driving in the crappy roads we have here in Cali. Markup when I bought in October of last year was 10k. Hopefully you can pick yours up at MSRP by year end.

OP
OP
P

Phat

Reaction score
Not sure yet on the generations. I was pretty much looking forward to that big V8 and was semi-surprised they went to the 6 cylinder even though its still a beast.

Figured I would start my research now...see what things to keep in mind, etc...and I guess I now know why it seems like everyone is selling them for more than I see on the Ford website...

Thanks for the warm welcome!

dd07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised Crazy Jerry has not banned Raptors and alike.
Gov. Schwarzenegger has sold H1 for a bicycle...or at least is afraid to drive it.

God bless those who're still driving truly American cars and trucks.