New General Grabber

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rubberdust

Reaction score
I haven't seen them do much at the races with the full race version lots of ads, lots of sponsored teams, one maybe two wins? I saw guys running stock BFG muds win their class at the 500 last month

B

Bojangles

my rims showed up..... when I unboxed them 2 of the rings got mangled in shipping... sending them back to be re-powdercoated.... gonna be another week at least before I get my Grabbers mounted.
I love waiting.

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my rims showed up..... when I unboxed them 2 of the rings got mangled in shipping... sending them back to be re-powdercoated.... gonna be another week at least before I get my Grabbers mounted.
I love waiting.

Pics when they get back please. I don't know how to post the fancy dancing weiners with cows you'll just have to use your imagination:shock1:

maddog_75

Reaction score
BUMP

you got the wheels/rims yet?

keen as to see these awesome tyres and hear how they go :)

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like the weight difference is about 13 pounds

General Grabber’s specs:
35 x 12.50 R17 LT
35" diameter
Overall section width 12.0 (10.5)
78.8 lbs weight
65 psi max tire pressure
3197 lbs. maximum load

Link: http://www.generaltire.com/tires/T30/Grabber--Sold-Exclusively-at-4-Wheel-Parts-till-August-1st

BFG All-Terrrain A/T KO specs (Raptor OEM):
315/70R17
34.5" diameter
Overall section width
66 lbs. weight
3195 lbs. maximum load
50 psi (max tire pressure)

Link: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...es&autoMake=Ford&autoYear=2010&autoModel=F150 SVT Raptor&autoModClar=5.4L&tab=Specs

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dan the Grabber is similar to the BFG Krawler or Baja not the A/T. The extra weight comes from it being a stronger tire and our tires have a different compound then the regular BFG A/T, IIRC the Raptor spec tire is lightened to improve MPGs

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Based on the specs the Grabber is wider and slightly taller (1/2") than the BFGs so it's logical that it weighs more.

The reason I posted those specs and highlighted the weight is because Mark mentioned the Grabber is 40 pound heavier than the BFG which I was shocked to hear. Based on these specs it's not that much heavier and given its larger size and design the extra weight is understandable.

At 40 more pounds the Grabber is not going on my Raptor. At 13 more pounds I'll definitely consider it.

TiFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
13 lbs per corner is a lot of unsprung rotational mass and nearly a 20% increase compared to the BFGs! I'd be interested in hearing the observations of those who have switched to the Grabbers on how their acceleration, MPG and braking were affected. They are a good looking tire though!

GR8PMKN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on the specs the Grabber is wider and slightly taller (1/2") than the BFGs so it's logical that it weighs more.

Dan...This is not a direct comparison but I changed my truck over to 37X12.5's BFG KM2's which according to BFG are 70 lbs and 2.3 inches taller than the O.E. BFG's I only had a net gain of 4lbs for a radial gain of 1.150 inches. Is General building these tires out of stone? you don't have to answer that.

attachment.php