New Borla video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My man almost has me convinced to take the plunge again. I'm still nervous about it because... well... once bitten twice shy.... but I'm feeling more confident...
Guy trust me you really are comparing a ****** tin can to something that has hundred of hours of engineering and testing behind it. Order it from Borla directly, they guarantee no drone. It's amazing and I'm sure Corsa will be good too.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm torn on S type vs the Atak vs the Corsa....the Borla has the best looking tail pipe setup out so far.

FYI the CORSA engineer who is developing the new system on my truck showed me some exhaust tip ideas he had, so I could give him feedback. The ones he showed were awesome. One of them was the huge tip from their Instagram videos, but instead of chrome they had it powdercoated with a rough finish that looked identical to the factory running boards. Then he was going to have a curved metal plate with "CORSA Performance" cut out from it, welded on the tips. It looked really good. He said they might also have the option of black stainless tips.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FYI the CORSA engineer who is developing the new system on my truck showed me some exhaust tip ideas he had, so I could give him feedback. The ones he showed were awesome. One of them was the huge tip from their Instagram videos, but instead of chrome they had it powdercoated with a rough finish that looked identical to the factory running boards. Then he was going to have a curved metal plate with "CORSA Performance" cut out from it, welded on the tips. It looked really good. He said they might also have the option of black stainless tips.
Sounds nice. Borla has three choices, the nicest being a vented Carbon Fiber tip. I imagine the tailpipes won't be cheap, but I think they look amazing.

Mapleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stop saying carbon fiber. Dumb Jake will find a reason to post his stupid pictures 8,000 more times. Glad your happy with the borla. Sounds good to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aww come on...

I thought his wrap job looked pretty cool.

QUOTE=Mapleman;1147535]Stop saying carbon fiber. Dumb Jake will find a reason to post his stupid pictures 8,000 more times. Glad your happy with the borla. Sounds good to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Stop saying carbon fiber. Dumb Jake will find a reason to post his stupid pictures 8,000 more times. Glad your happy with the borla. Sounds good to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just wait until the real cf tips come out. Again, no comparison. :)

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After watching the Borla videos comparing stock to their systems, I still don't think adding the X pipe is a good idea. I like the factory tone without mixing the frequencies of both banks together, it's deeper and less raspy under acceleration.

https://youtu.be/6atZbD0I6yo?t=1m2s

vs

https://youtu.be/6atZbD0I6yo?t=2m38s

Just my opinion but I think a good alternative will be a stock system with catless DP's and, if you want a bit louder, go with a muffler that is less restrictive but still separated exhaust streams. My truck will probably just get a tune and catless DP's.