New Bird Slayer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

4BIRDDOGS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets look at the back of the Raptor again.

Yes, I did get a license plate frame from the best dealer in the midwest. I switched it out for the one you see here. Since the Illinois plate has red letting on the bottom (land of Lincoln) I choose a carbon fiber frame with red along the bottom edge. If I used the same one I had on the front it would have covered the sticker.

If you remove the tailgate there is a very fancy protective cap in the glove box to protect the camera plug. Its a little bit of a project to free the wire harness from the tailgate.

Another note about the tailgate. It can only handle 150 pounds if- the -vehicle -is -moving! Once again 2 bags of cement on the tailgate and you are overloaded. A riding mower or ATV in the bed would likely have you exceeding the 150 pound limit.
You also see the beautiful new rear bumper contour. Back up camera is below the gate handle.

Attachments

• 20170118_132649.jpg
    20170118_132649.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 108

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LM's or Setter's? Off pic via phone thinking LM's but dog looked wet.

1. Does the new design prevent mud on the driver and passenger door handles? Had to add mud flaps to prevent on my 14.
2. How about the, dang it drawing a blank, but the steps on the side of the truck, 14 stock were just scoops to collect mud and snow, do the new let more stuff fall thru and not collect?

OP
OP

4BIRDDOGS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once again THANK YOU!!!! Dave Sinclair Ford
St Louis
Best dealership in the midwest

A closer look at this new 10 speed.
Just to give you a better idea. With all these gears it doesn't stay in one place very long. Lets race to the top! Zipping along at 8 MPH and you are already in 3rd.
15 mph is 4th,
17 mph is 5th,
19 mph 6th
25 mph 7th
30 mph 8th
38 mph 9th
43 mph 10th
These were collected in th normal mode

Attachments

• 20170118_132748.jpg
    20170118_132748.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 105
OP
OP

4BIRDDOGS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the girls in the 2010.Diamond deluxe D style dog box will be moving to the 2017 Raptor.
They are Small Munsterlanders from Clark South Dakota. The older girls are 14. Puppies 6 months old.

Another good thing I noticed today. The power dome hood has made it a breeze to keep the shiny part clean. The dome extends half way down the hood. Its no problem reaching all the painted areas now. On the old Raptor I couldn't reach the center by the wipers.
Speaking of wipers. They are really nice winter blades.
The bed of the truck has a bigger gap between it and the cab. The sides have a gasket between cab and bed to reduce drag
Doors have massive double gasket seal. You can safely drive in water up to the top edge of the bumpers. Or up to the top door crease.

Attachments

• 20170118_184724.jpg
    20170118_184724.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 93
OP
OP

4BIRDDOGS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This fall I seen a hunting group go buy with a raptor but I can't remember what color it was,

I saw a couple at LLBEAN in Maine with a black Raptor. They had 2 worn out Munsterlander on board. They had a busy day grouse hunting. That was quite a treat to run into another Raptor with Munsters. They were with another hunting buddy and he had a white Raptor! We picked the perfect day and time to drop by the LL store.

OP
OP

4BIRDDOGS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First lets take a look at the visors. They are huge and should do a great job blocking unwanted glare. When rotated to the side window it now slides aft up to 6 inches. That should be a big help. No more hunching over to align your head to the visor.

Since I'm not a big fan of warning labels I covered them up. Its 3M carbon fiber tape. The visors had 3 warning labels in Spanish and English. (Why no French for the Canadian Raptors?) It cautioned no rear facing baby seat in front. How can the child drive facing backwards anyway????

The windshield has soundscreen. It reduces cabin noise. The Ford printed in dots is very difficult to see from outside the truck. It blocks the wire harness to the mirror. The mirror has 5 very small exposed wires.

Attachments

• 20170118_120603.jpg
    20170118_120603.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 112
  • 20170118_120725.jpg
    20170118_120725.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 115

HookEm

Reaction score
First lets take a look at the visors. They are huge and should do a great job blocking unwanted glare. When rotated to the side window it now slides aft up to 6 inches. That should be a big help. No more hunching over to align your head to the visor.

Since I'm not a big fan of warning labels I covered them up. Its 3M carbon fiber tape. The visors had 3 warning labels in Spanish and English. (Why no French for the Canadian Raptors?) It cautioned no rear facing baby seat in front. How can the child drive facing backwards anyway????

The windshield has soundscreen. It reduces cabin noise. The Ford printed in dots is very difficult to see from outside the truck. It blocks the wire harness to the mirror. The mirror has 5 very small exposed wires.

I see your garage door opener so I'm assuming no HomeLink on the visor?