New Bird Slayer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

4BIRDDOGS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 899 total weight for cargo and occupants is the real deal.
That is why accident lawyers are so successful.

Notice the tag says the weight SHOULD NEVER EXCEED!!!!!!
That 899 pounds includes any weight you have added from stock. It even includes the floor mats.

Makes it soo easy to collect in the event of any accident misfortune.

If you get into an accident and had more than 899 total pounds you are guilty of operating a vehicle in an unsafe condition.
I know it's hard to wrap your head around the idea that such a large vehicle only has a safe working load of 899 total pounds.
That does sound like crazy talk.
Vans are even more ridiculous. The only way you can fill all the seats and remain under the weight limitations is if most of them are young children.

OP
OP

4BIRDDOGS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got sidetracked thought this thread was going to be about a gun.

Years ago you could just hang your rifle and shotgun in the back window gun rack. Remember how convenient and handy it was? Now the shotgun often is on the floor mixed in with the muddy boots and dead birds.

Now back to the Raptor. I noticed the new redesigned/smaller front seat headrest will be a lot more comfortable for shorter occupants.
The old rest leaned forward so far it was very uncomfortable on a long trip. You had to sit head forward, chin down or get bumped in the back of the head.

Attachments

• 20170111_201755.jpg
    20170111_201755.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 161

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice pictures thanks for all of your comments as well.

I have but one question for you.

Order November 15
Built December 5?

Seriously? How did you manage that kind of turnaround? Did you order a dealer truck that was already on order?

OP
OP

4BIRDDOGS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell me that safe turns?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it turns in either direction. Bruce designs the interior to match your collection. Flat shelves for jewelry, knives, long arms,pistols and revolvers have their own special places.

---------- Post added at 03:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 AM ----------

Nice pictures thanks for all of your comments as well.

I have but one question for you.

Order November 15
Built December 5?

Seriously? How did you manage that kind of turnaround? Did you order a dealer truck that was already on order?

Same dealer I bought my first Raptor from. It was #84 . $500 below msrp. Dave Sinclair Ford St.Louis.
I picked the options both times.
It was their 1st Raptor delivery August 2009 and January 2017.
They said 1st week in January when I ordered but I didn't really expect to see it due to late availability of the black color.
I was delighted to have it arrive so quickly.

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A truck should have a lot higher cargo weight capacity than that. Shoot when you put a 4 wheeler in the back you would be over on weight already. I'll take that as going offroading and not just driving down the street.