New BFG T/A KO2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got 'em installed this morning. I am really surprised at how much quieter they are from the KOs. I know the KOs had some miles on them and that made them louder, but still, these KO2s are noticeably quieter.

I like the aggressive side walls and have always been happy with their tread. Guys at 4WP told me the rubber is a new compound that's a little softer and will do better in light snow and ice. They're snowflake rated, so I'm looking forward to winter weather. Bring it on.

S197Mach1

Reaction score
What psi is everyone running? I'm running the 44psi and they are loud. And they sound like low tires under breaking. Or like they are driving on wet asphalt is the best way to describe it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What psi is everyone running? I'm running the 44psi and they are loud. And they sound like low tires under breaking. Or like they are driving on wet asphalt is the best way to describe it.

I usually run about 40psi and find the KO2s to be much quieter than the KOs. Are you rotating them frequently? Properly balanced? They also tend to get noisier as they wear down. My KOs probably could have gone to about 45k miles, but decided to changed them at 36k miles because they were getting very loud.

S197Mach1

Reaction score
I usually run about 40psi and find the KO2s to be much quieter than the KOs. Are you rotating them frequently? Properly balanced? They also tend to get noisier as they wear down. My KOs probably could have gone to about 45k miles, but decided to changed them at 36k miles because they were getting very loud.

Had 50% tread left when I switched to the ko2s and the ki2s are way louder. Which is fine but was just curious if anyone else noticed the change in noise level/ sound of driving on wet pavement/low tire pressure sound.

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I run 50psi on long interstate runs. 44 every day. Which is off road half the time.

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Had 50% tread left when I switched to the ko2s and the ki2s are way louder. Which is fine but was just curious if anyone else noticed the change in noise level/ sound of driving on wet pavement/low tire pressure sound.

The KO2 and my hearing say these are much quieter in every condition. Except when they break traction on the street.
:-/:win:

madmex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Discount Tire quoted me $1498 otd for (5) ko2's 35s, what do you guys think, good deal?