New 2024 R issues with key and drive modes after ppf install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went ahead and charged the battery fully. No change. Key works fine to open doors. The car even wakes up as I get close to it. But it won’t unlock the doors automatically. Also from time to time the car give me a “no key detected” error but I can drive fine. I’m thinking the ppf messed up some sensors? What else could it be? Both of my keys do same thing. Both are new.

OBXRAPTOR17

Reaction score
Did u remove negative terminal for 15 minutes after charging? This will reset BMC. If you attached alligators to positive and negative terminal the BMC will not see the charge. Negative alligator clip has to go upstream from BMC on the metal flange . Otherwise disconnect negative terminal for 15 min. If that doesn’t work time for a visit to dealer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did u remove negative terminal for 15 minutes after charging? This will reset BMC. If you attached alligators to positive and negative terminal the BMC will not see the charge. Negative alligator clip has to go upstream from BMC on the metal flange . Otherwise disconnect negative terminal for 15 min. If that doesn’t work time for a visit to dealer.

I don’t have that. Just the charger I bought. Are you saying to disconnect the battery?

OBXRAPTOR17

Reaction score
As long as you keep positive connected it won’t affect anything . It will be the first thing your dealer does.