New 2017 raptor owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iravis

Reaction score
Brand new 2017 raptor owner and was looking around to make this truck sound a little bit more beefer. I have found that the borla atak with x-pipe sounds the best on this vehicle. I am in Massachusetts and we follow California carb emissions. I want to make sure that this will pass. I don't mind the stock exhaust sound but I need it to sound well more like a raptor LOL. Is there anybody in Massachusetts or California that can confirm that they have not had any issues with this. Also has this ever thrown any check engine light codes. I know it sounds silly to ask that but I want to make sure. I'm not looking to hugely modify this raptor. It is perfect just the way it is in my opinion. It just needs an extra added sound note LOL.

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in MA as well. It is all going to come down to who inspects your vehicle. Some inspection stations are more lenient than others. "Technically" altered exhaust is illegal. I think most places will pass you as long as it isn't too loud. In MA, as long as you are not throwing any codes, nobody is going to hook your vehicle up to anything for an emissions test. It is only based on your CEL.