New 2014 raptor owner! Texas, DFW area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goliath101

Reaction score
Hey guys finally got my dream truck yesterday. A 2014 SCREW in Race red, one previous an owner older gentleman that took meticulous care of it for the most part! 140k on the clock and still runs like a champ. I got up early yesterday morning with my best friend and he took me all the way down to Oklahoma City to pick it up! Maintenance items done new rotors, brake pads, new battery, front, rear differential, trans fluids all done, oil changed, and brand new set of 35 KO2's put on. Plan on doing the spark plugs myself this weekend. Anything else I should be catching up on maintenance related? Also I know its a reptitve forum post, but I was wondering if any 1st gen owners had advice on rebuilding the suspension? The rears feel good, but the front definitely needs it, a bit washboardy on harsh hits. Ive read on here alot of 1st gen owners putting 2nd gen shocks on but worried about CV binding with the longer shaft of the 2nd gen shock correct me if im wrong. I do plan on running it offroad just as I did with my previous mid travel tacoma. Thank guys super happy to finally own my favorite gen raptor loving it! IMG_3536.JPG IMG_3535.JPG IMG_3540.JPG IMG_3538.JPG IMG_3533.JPG

D

Deleted member 12951

Congrats on the new ride.
I would change the power steering fluid and the coolant if it hasn’t already been done.

On the shocks you can either get new ones from Rock Auto or get with Texas Shock Works or Forged Off-road for some rebuilt shocks on their exchange program. Typically you want to get those rebuilt at around 50-60k so that is overdue.

If you want to take it off-road, check out Texas Raptor Runs. I am from MO but have been traveling to those events twice a year for the last 5 years.

SS308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 2012 in Red and love it! Just bought it in late December.

Congrats and welcome to the forum...

Randy's Rapture - s.jpg

Tommy1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome fellow Race Red Raptor! I'm a new member as well. Here is my 2013 that I just recently picked up. Check to see if your truck has had the fuse #27 relocation kit installed yet. If not, it needs to be done asap!

48358000197_5ca9dea239_c.jpg20190714_193654 by Thomas Pfau, on Flickr
48357882441_2a196dae00_c.jpgTruck by Thomas Pfau, on Flickr