NEGOTATE A PRICE LOWER THAN THE MSRP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go back to the 5k over guy and say “look, the market’s changed, the best I can do is 1500 under. I’ll buy it right now, or go shopping somewhere else, you want to sell the truck or sit on it another month?"

^^This, worst they can say is no. In general, getting a Raptor at MSRP with the configuration you want without ordering it and waiting forever is still an absolute win. Id be more worried about the thousands of dollars of useless dealer accessories they'll likely have tacked on that'll be having you paying MSRP anyway even with a 1500 dollar discount.

The issue with financing is, that unlocks the "what do you want your payment to be" nonsense. There they can massage all sorts of things in and play games on their end. At least when you pay cash there are less variables for them to play with.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
That’s a really good point. They will get you into the finance office and razzle you with dazzle and buffalo you with bullshít. Very easy to become victimized on financing but... OP has fat stacks, so should be able to just pay it as needed.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't say enough good things about my buying experience at Chastang ford off the 610 loop in Houston, TX. Not that far from Corpus.... Ordered a 23 35 took 10 months as they said it would at MSRP. I walked in, they gave me KBB very good condition value on a 2020 trade. ZERO dealer add ons (apparently they don't do any add ons on any of their sales). Then finance was done in 20-30 mins and they didn't have any unusual fees or add ins. I declined the warranty and they said Ok no problem, and I got my keys. Even got free front tint outta the deal.

Last edited:

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think many people trailer tow a raptor while rving unless they got a BIG motorhome. Trailering a raptor is kind of a pita unless you have a nice big deck over to match big rv

Me thinks OP might have big rv but not planning on actually putting raptor on a trailer

Monkish1

Reaction score
Prices have definitely softened up. Bought my 23 couple of weeks ago at $4500 under MSRP. Was able to get the price without a trade or crazy finance costs. Multiple dealers in my area have fairly significant discounts listed on cars.com. Find a couple your interested in and get them to work against each other. I've been tracking the number of 23s available within 500 miles of me for the entire month of January and at the current sales rate there is at least a 4-5 month supply. Dealers I spoke with played the game initially but as soon as they were told others were beating them by thousands they lowered their price. Don't be a sheep. Play them against one another. Beats staring in their ***** and feeling like you were a*&^ *****. Lol. Good luck

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting tactic on the financing. I had a friend who was the finance manager at a Mazda dealership, and he shared with me he would shop for financing thru different financing companies and the dealer got finder's fee for the referral and it would vary from different finance companies based on the credit risk of the buyer. The dealer also gets a good fee for selling extended warranties. He was salary plus bonus for the money for the financing and profits from the extended warranties. He was making an excellent salary until the dealer sold and brought in a brother-in-law to do his job. But the financing will sure sweeten a deal in the dealer's favor. I knew that but I just was not thinking it thru. thanks

It's called "front end" and "back end" incentives in the dealer world. They make money on you from the actual sale of the truck ("gross"), but not a lot. This is especially the case with new car sales. The manufacturer doesn't pay squat on incentives and the "Invoice" vs "MSRP" (front-end Gross) is terrible. The real money for the dealer and the salesperson is on the BACK-END. That includes finance fees, doc fees, and other F&I products. That 'new car prep' fee with ceramic coat or PPF and interior sealant? Yeah, BIG $$$$ profit. But the biggest money comes from the finance desk in the form of bank incentives and kick-backs. The dealership, F&I guy, and salesman all get a piece of this. So if you come in waiving a bunch of cash around.... well.... they are going to not want to deal on the price of the truck. Nothing in it for them (maybe $350 to split between all parties?).