need help with window tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Tint Guy on Canton Road did mine and I cannot tell a difference between the factory rear tint and the new tint on the front sides. That bugs me a lot looking at some of the photos here, you can tell the tint is not the same. Not sure what I have on the windshield but it completes the look and rejects a fair amount of heat. I don't think a car looks right with tints all around and *nothing* on the front; not big on the super dark in the front, but something is needed for aesthetic consistency IMO.

Many don't match because of tint laws that are strictly enforced in some areas. I've heard of cops making an owner remove the tint on the spot if the meter registers above the limit.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Many don't match because of tint laws that are strictly enforced in some areas. I've heard of cops making an owner remove the tint on the spot if the meter registers above the limit.

Years ago I was at the airport picking up my sister when an officer approached while I was in my parked vehicle. Long story short he gave me two options. A ticket or to remove my tints right then and there. There was no way I was going to sit there and cut away at my tints in the middle of the night so I told him to go ahead and give me a ticket. I guess he got a kick out of my answer because he just laughs it off and said that area is for immediate loading and unloading and id need to move my vehicle.

tonymission

Reaction score

True. They don't enforce that too much in Georgia, I guess because of how hot it is. Beyond just the darkness level, I notice different types of tint. Crystaline on the front gives that sort of candy paint psychedelic reflections in certain light. Again, I can't recall exactly what my shop did, but I just told them I didn't want it to look like two different types of products were used and they said they'd figure it out.

RaptorPulse

Reaction score
I put formula one 15 on the fronts and air 80 on the windshield and overlaid on the rear three windows and moonroof - couldn't be happier and sides match well to factory rear

Do you have a pic of this? Sounds like a great plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atl_raptor

Reaction score
True. They don't enforce that too much in Georgia, I guess because of how hot it is. Beyond just the darkness level, I notice different types of tint. Crystaline on the front gives that sort of candy paint psychedelic reflections in certain light. Again, I can't recall exactly what my shop did, but I just told them I didn't want it to look like two different types of products were used and they said they'd figure it out.

I agree with the crystaline having a different look in some lighting. It doesn't bother me at all because I was used to my old 957 cayenne turbo having the thermal glass and the windshield looked reddish in some lighting situations. However the crystaline isn't that drastic of a color difference imo.