Need advice.. trade for a used Raptor or order a 2013

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTCALI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for some opinions on my situation... My main intent is to upgrade to the 6.2L.

I currently have a Loaded 2010 5.4L with 52,000 miles on it. I found a dealer near me with a 2010 6.2L with 33,000 miles on it. It is fully loaded minus the graphics. The dealer wants $40,888 for theirs and they offered me $34,000 for mine. With the condition that I get to keep my aftermarket parts and the aftermarket parts on the 6.2L as long as I have the stock parts to replace on mine. I will list the aftermarket upgrades below on each. I currently owe $20k on mine.

My current Raptor:
2010 5.4L Flame Blue
Fully Loaded
- ADD Bumper
- Black powder Coated rims
- Paint matched fenders (stays with truck)
- CB set up
- Tire-Gate
- Window Tint (Stays with truck)
- 2nd perch
- Exhaust cut out

Potential used Raptor:
2010 6.2L White
- Ford Racing light bar
- 4 KC lights
- Warn winch
- custom rear bumper but I can't tell who made it
- looks like 3rd perch

Dealer agreed that I can keep all aftermarket parts that can be put back to stock. And I can keep all aftermarket parts on the 6.2 even if my parts replace them.

Potential NEW Raptor:
The other option would be to just order a 2013 from my girlfriend who works at a ford dealership and then just sell mine private party. This would be ideal but given that I just bought a house it would be nice to cut down some expenses but it's not necessary required.

Let me know what you guys think.. Hopefully that all makes sense.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well as you know, its at least 6 months until mine shows up, so if you do order one, you have 6 months to figure out how to sell yours. why not place the order first and try to sell private party. if you cant sell it (which i dont think you will have a problem) then trade it in. either way i think its most important to get on the list

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

what did frontier say about trading in there?

OP
OP
SVTCALI

SVTCALI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well as you know, its at least 6 months until mine shows up, so if you do order one, you have 6 months to figure out how to sell yours. why not place the order first and try to sell private party. if you cant sell it (which i dont think you will have a problem) then trade it in. either way i think its most important to get on the list

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

what did frontier say about trading in there?

Ya that's what I am leaning towards.. I'm so content with the way I finally got mine set up. If I go new I am going to have to buy all new stuff.. Bumpers, powder coat, paint match, exhaust. It's exciting yet stressful at the same time. haha.

I didn't ask frontier ford yet what they would offer me but I did run the used idea and the offer I wanted to get by one of the experienced sales guys and he said it was a pretty good deal if I wanted to go the used route.

I am going to stop in there on Thursday when Lindsey is working and talk about ordering and what they would give me for mine.

Last edited:

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
def new one, for the same price of that used '10 you could get a base scab '13 invoiced at that price, also.... c'mon.... new raptor.....

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like $ is an issue so let someone else take the depreciation hit. The trade you're considering sounds used heavily offroad - condition? frame? Look around find a clean used loaded '11 or '12 - so many are owned by pussyfoots who just drive them on pavement - they are like new without a scratch on them