Need a new driveshaft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nfalconer

Reaction score
Took the truck in for the first oil change and the recall work. They said the insulators did come lose and damage the driveshaft enough that they are required to replace it.

I was hearing a subtle clunking noise when going over bumps at low speeds, but not sure it was related.

Anyhow, that's the state of things.

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have the vehicle (before delivery) - addressed for recalls? Was there a recall when you got it delivered?

I am just asking because my dealer was non-cholent about it and said it was a quick inspection and nothing needed to be actually done.

mully722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took the truck in for the first oil change and the recall work. They said the insulators did come lose and damage the driveshaft enough that they are required to replace it.

I was hearing a subtle clunking noise when going over bumps at low speeds, but not sure it was related.

Anyhow, that's the state of things.
My truck has had the recalled fixed (prior to taking delivery) but I still have the subtle clunking noise going over the slightest of bumps at low speed. I don't think the two are related, unfortunately.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was starting to drive off the dealers lot last Wednesday in my truck when the GM ran out and asked the salesman if the recall was done on the truck. I was asked to wait while they checked. A few minutes later, they took the truck from me.

Recall was completed and I was on my way in 45 minutes.

Bugzuki

Reaction score
On my Powerboost the insulation at the front is falling down. It is polishing the front of the shaft on putting a groove in it. The dealer is letting me drive it while they order the parts. I don't know if that is different than what you guys are seeing

Attachments

• IMG_20220228_165408_01.jpg
    IMG_20220228_165408_01.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 51

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On my Powerboost the insulation at the front is falling down. It is polishing the front of the shaft on putting a groove in it. The dealer is letting me drive it while they order the parts. I don't know if that is different than what you guys are seeing
This is exactly what the recall is for...to fix loose/hanging insulation. By parts you mean rivets and a new drive shaft, yes? Surprise they told you that you could continue driving it.