Need a new battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KOBRA2848

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the Odyssey for my 2014 a couple of years ago and have been pleased with it. I also purchased the Odyssey battery charger in hopes that I get years of trouble free service.

Mark

MrGable27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My last motorcraft only lasted 3 years. Replaced it with a Walmart battery with a 3 year warranty for $90; odds are if you breakdown somewhere there will be a Walmart close by.

gt40pilot

Reaction score
I use Motorcraft batteries in everything I own. Johnson Controls manufactures the batteries for Ford and I have not found anything else that will last as long. I usually get 6-8 years of use from the Motorcraft batteries.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You guys are one in a million with the Motorcraft lasting that long!!!
Mine died in 5 months replaced under warranty and that one lasted almost a year, both left me stranded.

Last edited:

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My factory battery was in the truck 7 yrs, still fine but I was heading into boonies and replaced it. I had no choice, interstate. I live in the boonies as far as places to get anything. Minimum 60 miles if I want something else. I would have gone motorcraft if I'd had a choice. Last F150 went 12 years on factory battery!!

Carlos C

Reaction score
My first choice would be XS Power or Odyssey.
I don't think the quality of the standard Motorcraft is there anymore.
My Raptor came with a Motorcraft AGM, hope I can get at least 3 years out of it.

Badboy4fun_wa

Reaction score
If your truck sits too much and doesn’t sit on battery tender, I would look for a look Interstate battery store. Give them a call and see if they have any discounted ones. I generally saved about 50% of what Costco sales them for. Last time I needed a battery for my John Deere found them and it was 1/3 of anywhere else. That battery lasted 10+ years never on tender and only used a few times through winter. I think what killed it was sitting drained over winter.

YMMV but it is worth it to me to go this route because I have too many batteries in too many things. Batteries seem to last as long at very good discount.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc