nav-tv front camera/vim bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope, mine is still not able to activate the front cam. I wasn't able to call NAVTV yesterday before they closed so I'll try again today.

But, you can still show your stats as being 100% - just throw my results out as an outlier. That's how the Government reports unemployment statistics and it seems to work for them! :troll3:
we will get you fixed up.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Busa, are you still going to do a 2013 install video? If not, are there differences between the 2012 and 2013 that we need to watch out for? I'd like to either install mine or get it installed as soon as it arrives next month. Tks!

Blybly

Reaction score
So I had my NAVTV installed yesterday and wanted to post about a few problems we ran into. This was a pro installer in San Diego that is AWESOME. He had the truck for about 2 hours and charged me a flat rate of $85. He also ran my aux usb through the center console and mounted it.

I had to go back this morning b/c my Navigation wasn't working. We traced the issue back to the Satellite radio antenna connection. The connector is almost identical to the GPS connector and they were connected improperly. The two plugs are almost identical and both will fit the break relay. If the clock doesn't register a time in the upper right corner, you've made this mistake. The clock is tied to the GPS. Since the installation was inside, the GPS seemed to work properly, but once i drove away...I knew something was wrong. It took only a few minutes to fix.

Now that its working, my 2012 is dialed. The functions are not spelled out in the manual, so here's a shortcut for 2012:

Enable / Disable Front Camera: Steering Wheel
Rear Camera Force: Double click the Front Defrost
Video in Motion (DVD While Driving): Double Click the AC Power Button
GPS Input while in motion: Double click the AC Power

You can do any of these functions while in motion, so no need to remember to do them in any order or right after you start the truck. The only feature i'm not seeing on my truck is the (3) additional outputs for rear a/v, Rear Aux and Rear Entertain. I see them in the manual, but my screen is not giving me these options. Granted, i'm not using any of them, but there not present.

Overall an awesome mod. Thanks Noah for putting together the group buy and the tech support.

BTW: You don't need to remove the center console to install this mod. When i went back for the fix, the installer was able to pop the two side panels and front panel very easily. If you need specifics, i'll share, but this guy was legit. If you're in SD and need an install recommendation, PM me or email me.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
it seems that i was wrong. it looks like you can pull the sides out to remove the radio. i was afraid of bending the side trim pieces since they were bolted in below. in the center console. it seems there is enough flex in the plastic to allow for removal. this should help in your install guys.

blybly, im glad the problem got solved and is all working properly

WaltDoGG

Reaction score
I installed mine today and it works great. Wasn't nearly as bad as I thought, way less of a bitch than wiring the uplifters. I used the easy method and just popped out the side trim. Thanks Blybly for the idea. I found the easiest way to start prying the trim was to remove the two air vents. The video Noah and Icecobra did was a great reference. Thanks for doing that.

Thanks again Noah for putting the deal together.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The ship yard here in Bellingham decided not to work this Sunday, so I had time to watch Nascar and, having my truck with me, install my Nav-TV!
With all the information provided it was a snap; have not been able to check all the functions, but the front camera is working on dement! :)
Thanks to everyone, and especially 'nosbusa'

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed mine today and it works great. Wasn't nearly as bad as I thought, way less of a bitch than wiring the uplifters. I used the easy method and just popped out the side trim. Thanks Blybly for the idea. I found the easiest way to start prying the trim was to remove the two air vents. The video Noah and Icecobra did was a great reference. Thanks for doing that.

Thanks again Noah for putting the deal together.

The ship yard here in Bellingham decided not to work this Sunday, so I had time to watch Nascar and, having my truck with me, install my Nav-TV!
With all the information provided it was a snap; have not been able to check all the functions, but the front camera is working on dement! :)
Thanks to everyone, and especially 'nosbusa'

bout time you lazy punks. jeez. haha

yes, i found out that you dont have to remove the center console to get to the radio. however it is safer to do it, but not required. im glad you all are having success with your installations. let me know if i can be of any help.