GEN 1 mysterious button on dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dakshun

Reaction score
My apologies; I just got took delivery of a used 2013 Raptor today.
My first ford, certainly first raptor. etc.

There is a momentary press button on the dash; when I press it and the engine is running the engine turns off or stalls.

Any idea what this could be?
I know this question is obscure as heck, but feel free to let me know if any ideas?

I thought it might be train horns or something, but it killed the engine.

Do any tuners/tunes use a momentary press button to set them up or anything?
Any "leads" will help when I can get under there and trace the wires.
It is not hidden, it is right in the middle of the left lower panel. It looks like brushed aluminum high sides with a black frenched in "button".

I am so excited to start figuring things out with this thing.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Luckily it wasn't a little red button...
fifthelement326.jpg
Or very bad things happen.
KV132AA.gif

No idea, previous owner did some wiring...for what I'm not sure. Weird that it's momentary, if it ties into the starter circuit (blue with white stripe I think) for a kill switch you would want a 2-position switch, if it was for pushbutton starting maybe momentary? But if it killed a running engine unless it's wired way wrong it wouldn't be a pushbutton starter...can you trace wires and see what color it ties into?

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Something the previous owner did. Can you get his phone number and ask him what he intended?

I have a momentary button on my dash, too. It flashes the brake lights - just the thing for tailgaters.

OP
OP
D

Dakshun

Reaction score
Dope reference; Now a real killer, when he picked up the Raptor, he would have immediately asked about the little black button on the bottom of the dash. [Mangalore presses the button] Bring me the priest.

Yeah, let me jump on tracing wires here in a few days. Got work, and because; new babies.

OP
OP
D

Dakshun

Reaction score
it strings along under the dash, to behind the center console.

Is the ECU in the regular place? behind a passenger side kick panel?

Does any one know of sources for shop manuals/exploded views or etc. Over at the nismo club they have all the nissan and infiniti shop manuals uploaded; I need something for this Ford now.

I downloaded all the owners manuals from Ford, but now need those shop manuals before I go breaking things apart.