GEN 1 mysterious button on dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Dakshun

Reaction score
I am looking for a cool story about where the ecu is. Do you know where to get shop manuals? Might be in the wrong forum, I hear you. Let me give somebody who might know, a chance to respond. Thank anyways.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a cool story about where the ecu is. Do you know where to get shop manuals? Might be in the wrong forum, I hear you. Let me give somebody who might know, a chance to respond. Thank anyways.

I don't yet have the manuals but if you do find a link please share, DO WANT. Pretty sure the ECM lives on the passenger side upper firewall where three large connectors are visible from the engine side; someone else verify if you can. Here's a thread on center console removal that may help your quest:
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f10/flow-through-center-console-removal-7069/

Good luck and keep us updated.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im thinking he might of had train horns on it, from button to pass kick panel for fuses, then up through the grommet under the ecm , pop the hood and see if any wiring is coming out of that location, or still connected to fuses.

OP
OP
D

Dakshun

Reaction score
Ugh, found some clues.... it is looking like something much more mundane.

It looks like the wire just scoots behind the center console and under the carpet; got the kick panel off and found a nest of hanging wires.
This immediately freaked me out and I went back the interwebs to look for some references.

I guess these are the aux switches....hanging wires here and in the engine bay just north of the firewall; ok. Haven't been back in there to find the mystery button leads and pin out on the ECU.

The aux switches have been on my todo list; so found that info here:
2014-F-150-SVT-Raptor-Supplement-First-Print_rp_en-us_09_2013
https://owner.ford.com/tools/accoun...html?type=ymm&year=2013&make=Ford&model=F-150

If anybody reads this far and knows; so the switches; two 30As, 15A, and a 10A. I am assuming these have associated fuses and relays; If you want to convert the remaining two channels [15A and 10A] to 30A can you just swap in 30A fuses and relays if needed[I am assuming these are somewhere in one of the OEM fuse boxes][haven't found those yet].

When I originally heard about the AUX switches I thought for sure these were some kind of trick distribution box setup like you see in the aftermarket; I am a little surprised they are just thrown in with the factory loom.

Ok on to the other clues; this is what I was afraid of; something goofey, i was hoping it was some interface to a power programming piggy back controller or something.

So during my bonding time with the under chassis I remember seeing this random wire floating back around by the passenger side frame rail.

Looks like the bro before me; had some old school hot rod rigging going on. More evidence this bad boy was a mall crawler; at least it was most certainly not jumped or possibly even off-roaded before me. It's got 35x12 ET 44s on it. Rubs on steep driveways; it looks sick though. I am heading out to Austin tomorrow to get a stock exhaust. and then I will BOLO for some little 17x8.5 ET34s . Haha this thing has a tiny Flowmaster 40 on it; it's obnoxious.

I am going to do a little research if I can trim down all the pinch welds and what not to make it flex, but I am thinking I will find that these tires will impact the upper outside fender at full sag. I'm not sure if I am motivated enough to pull out the strut; hopefully I'll find some posts on it or something[20x12ET44].

So, I'm guessing once I get the wire's traced and pinned out it's going to be some kind of EFI spark cut at the ECU. Which kind of makes sense that it would just cut the engine at idle, probably meant to flood gas while rolling and then pop off a spark for those flames. I used to love doing that in the hood with my carbed out two wheeler back in Florida. Not really looking for those kind of shenanigans with my little new-to-me go fast truck here. I wholely suspect that is what this is; a little bummed; but seems like good news for an easy "offroad" life on this truck up till now.

..you can see the liquid wrench dripping; getting ready for the turn up on those quiet pipes tomorrow.

Attachments

• randomwiresandwhich.jpg
    randomwiresandwhich.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 71
  • sparkplugexhaust.jpg
    sparkplugexhaust.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 73
OP
OP
D

Dakshun

Reaction score
I appreciate Ya'lls input as I get this thing back to where it's meant to go.

The Long Haired Colonel had supply issue me a Honda El Camino[Ridgeline] for the past five years[hahah J/k I loved that car][I'm not going to lie though I never thought I would get a Ford][Ever][in my life][But I am loving this thing].

Yuh, it has drop shackles in the rear; WTF?...I do have the OEM units though.
But, the white got me right in the feels; beat out a handful of rodded out powerstrokes and cummins rigs. I guess I'm still not ready for that diesel plunge just yet.

I emailed the Previous Owner for sure, as ruger suggested, but PO is probably too embarrassed to explain the-mystery-button-is-a-spark-cut-remote-spark-flame-thrower-at-the-rear-of-the-40-$-flowmaster. It'll be all good, should be able to reverse engineer this malware and get it back RemediateAF.

Attachments

• 20180805_001247.jpg
    20180805_001247.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

bruiser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh man flamethrower LOL. would like to see it be would also like to see it removed lol

OP
OP
D

Dakshun

Reaction score
Gosh I was too scared to ever try the flames,[did finally notice it hat stitching on the cats where they were probably gutted] got it swapped out for a OEM unit from a bro in Austin, did 90 degrees of the pinch weld mod, got new KO2s on 2nd gen rims from another bro in Austin, then a 17 YO in a suburban t-***** and took her from me. Working on a new body Platinum now[I got that Raptor for a steal but couldn't settle for another 1.5 gen, 2nd gen still too rich for my blood, can't wait for the 2nd gens to come down; definitely on the shopping list but gonna watch the market], thanks again ya'll.

upload_2020-4-19_0-57-46.png
upload_2020-4-19_0-59-17.png
upload_2020-4-19_0-58-23.png

93956758_10157686416892217_295138216867004416_o.jpg

Last edited: