My truck in shop and dealer isn't giving me loaner. Options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GordoJay

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I understand your struggles, there are good guys out there, just harder to find these days without spending a ton of time and money.

I've got a recommendation for a dealer up in Denver, an hour drive. I'll try there next time. Or I'll take it to an independent, depending on what fails. If they can fix it, it would be worth some money to avoid a Ford service department. Sometimes free isn't free.

TMart

Reaction score
Sorry I'm tuning in late, but really sorry about what is happening to you. Screw your dealer! I agree with sending a letter to the dealer and to Ford - you can always start with one that cc's your law firm instead of going nuclear as was previously advised.

A little more on my story - I went in for an oil Change on May 1st and except for a couple of weeks in between (including a breakdown 200 miles from home) I just received my Raptor back. While its going to take me some time to decide if I'll ever buy a Ford again, my dealer has been amazing. I've had at least 3 different loaners - 2 of which were delivered to my house (I live about 35 minutes away from the dealer). One of them wasn't even a rental, but the dealer's work truck. He's also replaced half of my truck, which is another story.

Given our service manager's ability to obtain full assemblies in lieu of parts, he might just have some blackmail on someone at Ford! Otherwise, I think the owner really cares about his reputation. The service manager pays a ton of attention to their survey results and he seems to have done everything possible to make things right (or he's lying his ass off to me, but I'm at least he's done a good job of convincing me enough to satisfy me!).

Good luck with the SOB you are dealing with.

OP
OP
GordoJay

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Latest update. Ford turned down the request for a complete transfer case because the housing was due to ship in a week. That housing just got to Colorado yesterday afternoon and the dealer will try to have my truck done this week as the tech is in the middle of another big job. On the advice of my lawyer, I sent a Lemon Law letter to Ford last week stating that they had exceeded their time out of service limit and giving them until the end of this week to have it fixed or get sued. It looks like it's coming down to the wire. It will be interesting to see if it wakes FMC up and gets them to push my job forward in the queue or whether they just don't give a rip. I'm starting to not care. Unless this thing is flawless for years after I get it back, if I get it back, it's my first and last new Ford.

OP
OP
GordoJay

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, it's home. It's snowing like a mother right now, so I'll look it over in a few days when it warms up and dries out. What a charlie-foxtrot. Leaving for Raptor Assault and a week long hiking trip in a few days.