My story on ordering an R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MORaptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve purchased 13 vehicles from my ford dealer. Same salesman, same VP, etc. The R offered to me was 25 over…..and I’ve spent many years and a lot of money there. The dealers have drawn a line.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok thanks. I appreciate that
It’s a difficult situation but you either need to pay the prevailing ADM, which can range anywhere from 15-50, but seems to be in the 25-30 range most commonly right now, or you can place an order with a dealer for typically much less than the going rate ADM, but then have no guarantee if the order will actually get picked up, and if it does it’ll usually be at least a year later.

It’s basically a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush situation that you pay for in dollars.

TheGrizz

Reaction score
I passed on one that was delivered today to Marshal Mize Ford in TN. They had me at 15k ADM. I ended up finding another one on the ground in the Midwest closer to me for 8k ADM. Flying out to get that one tomorrow afternoon!

bman17

Reaction score
I put an order in 3 weeks ago with a dealership with 3 allocations. I did contact Ford and they confirmed it was acknowledged but a VIN hasn’t been assigned yet. The dealership told me on the 23’s it took up to 2 months for them to get a VIN

Matt Pearlman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m looking to buy a new 2024 R but not a single cent above MSRP. I called Klabin Ford in Ohio, where I had the best experience 5 years ago buying my gen 2 raptor, and Chris said that they will not even ship to CA. Not only do we in CA hate the CA dealerships but dealerships outside of CA hate all the hoops to jump through to ship to CA. He says not 1 transaction was smooth, including mine 5 years ago. CA is absolute dogsh*t except for weather!!!!!

Any dealerships in the US want to sell me a fully loaded 24 raptor R, I’m ready to buy. Ill even let you buy my low mileage 2019 gen 2 raptor and make some money on it