GEN 2 My prediction on the 5.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This... In typical Ford fashion, the ecoboost is at the end of its lifecycle. You can count on a 4.8 powered raptor. And probably a 5.2 sc version that will make its way in as an R type model. Or, it becomes a reinvented lightning. I think the ecoboost experiment is finally done with.
:rofl:

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This... In typical Ford fashion, the ecoboost is at the end of its lifecycle. You can count on a 4.8 powered raptor. And probably a 5.2 sc version that will make its way in as an R type model. Or, it becomes a reinvented lightning. I think the ecoboost experiment is finally done with.

F150 Raptor Type R. I think you’re in the wrong forum.

Reaction score
I bought my 2019 this past January for 3k under msrp so I don't think deals on the Raptor's are new. Right now at my dealership, there are NO Raptors on the lot so there must be plenty of people that like the 3.5 turbo engine. In addition to being my daily driver, I tow my Cayman GTS on a Futura trailer to HPDEs and the 3.5 does fine. All in all, is a great truck that still get thumbs up wherever I go!. I love the Dodge Rebel with the 1500 hemi but all I've heard from others is the quality issues. My truck has 11000 miles on it and has not had ANY issues. I'll stick with my "little 3.5 engine that could" and call it a day:)

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because of the sound... Some people have said that the reason why they won’t buy a $70k truck is because it’s missing 2 cylinders and so the exhaust doesn’t sound like a V8. I sincerely hope the Gen 3 Raptor will be a turbo 4 banger just to watch people’s reaction.

While no sane person should hope for that, I would not at all be surprised if Ford puts a slightly modified 2.7 Ecoboost into the 3rd gen Raptor.

Begone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No V8 is coming to the Raptor anytime soon. And if so, it will be a $90k+ Truck, like the Shelby was when it hit the dealers - which I would not buy for a daily driver. I put on 61k miles on my Raptor since March of 2017.

I did want to wait for the Ram TRX, but again, that truck will be close to $100k like the Trackhawk

jaggwaa

Reaction score
Eventually there will be a v8. With hp wars going on, current ho ecopiss cant go beyond 600hp max reliably. 700 hp from factory is a normal thing now with track hawk and demon and probably future trx, even fords own gt500 is 760 from factory. So v8 is a confirm thing. Its the time between where they increase like 40 to 50 hp every year with a new model. So max 2024 or 2025 before they max out this shit engine. But if they do it this late, they will certainly loose a big market share.
Couple years ago, i hated every truck but the raptor, there was never a second option. Now, after waiting more than 5 years, i dont give a shit, to hell with ford, i'll make my own tundra raptor for god sake, at least it will be reliable!

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Eventually there will be a v8. With hp wars going on, current ho ecopiss cant go beyond 600hp max reliably. 700 hp from factory is a normal thing now with track hawk and demon and probably future trx, even fords own gt500 is 760 from factory. So v8 is a confirm thing. Its the time between where they increase like 40 to 50 hp every year with a new model. So max 2024 or 2025 before they max out this shit engine. But if they do it this late, they will certainly loose a big market share.
Couple years ago, i hated every truck but the raptor, there was never a second option. Now, after waiting more than 5 years, i dont give a shit, to hell with ford, i'll make my own tundra raptor for god sake, at least it will be reliable!

lol. Horsepower wars for a off-road truck. I’d like to see people put down 800bhp on dirt. Move on troll