GEN 2 My prediction on the 5.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Todd Sherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a new 2019 Raptor and am new to the Raptor experience. Got a very good discount off of MSRP on it which helped push me over the edge to pull the trigger. Most of my trucks up until this point have all been V8, had a 2004 F250, had a 2013 RAM with the 5.7 Hemi etc. Took me couple weeks to get used to the Raptor but I am very impressed and happy with the 3.5 Ecoboost. And the more I drive this vehicle the smoother it gets and smoother the 10 speed automatic gets. Very happy with it.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How do you say Ford don’t care about keeping up with v8s?? Lol just look at the 5.2 probably one if not the most powerful n/a v8 made in the USA. Even more powerful is the GT500 5.2 but of course with a blower. The Coyote 5.0 is an awesome engine too, competes right with GM and Mopar bigger displacements.

Not to beat a dead drum- but think about it, their best selling vehicle & perennial all star F150, their top of the line SUV’s, & the only other car they make, & their icon/halo GT car (which is supposed to embody the cutting edge of their design prowess & showcase “trickle down” engineering for what tech may be in the future for their more pedestrian vehicles) all feature ecoboost engines & in many cases multiple displacement ecoboost choices for the same vehicle. The EB outsells the 5.0 in the F150 easily...in fact I think I read Ford is going to stop offering it in their trucks altogether.

If anything fords more focused on coming up w/ a new Electric powerplant since they’re investing in charging stations across the country, but that’s another discussion.

Furthermore - they don’t even offer a single car period, other than the mustang, let alone one they’d stuff a V8 in, & the last 4 door performance cars they did make, what kind of engines did they have buddy? The focus, the SHO? Ecoboost.

Dodge puts V8s in everything hell at one point you could get a caravan w/ one I think.

GM was making the SS sedan w/ V8 but still offer 4 door caddy’s w/ V8s, their halo car is powered by a V8, they offer multiple V8s in their truck lineup, their diesel is a V8 (yes I know ford is too- but they even threw a V10 in their @ point too- ya don’t do that when you’re confident of your V8 engineering to achieve strong power) GMs flagship full size SUVs? All offered in 2 V8 flavors (maybe 3 if ya count the hybrid they did @ one point)

Toyota? All the trucks & SUVs get V8s as top engine, their sports/luxury/halo cars - currently V8 (except the Supra which they cribbed from BMW)

Is it not obvious enough?

I gotta figure the GM & Mopar crater motors take like 75-90% of all the aftermarket builds- easily.

Need I go on?

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
in fact I think I read Ford is going to stop offering it in their trucks altogether.

Maybe in the F150. Super Duty's aren't going to be leaving V8s behind at any point in the foreseeable future. Heck they just spent all the R&D for a brand new 7.3

Sernas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really doubt they would drop 5.0 in the F-150. They would lose a lot of customers.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m just saying- the track record over the last 20 years, they been pushing EB hard for a while now. You’re grasping @ straws- they offer a couple V8s sure, but they literally only use em in a couple (3) vehicles.

How many different EB engines are there & how many different vehicles are optioned w/ them?

Why don’t they put a V8 in the ford GT? Why aren’t the top end F150s fitted w/ a V8? Why don’t they put a V8 in any of their luxury cars or SUVs? Aren’t these the type of vehicles you put effort into R&D for a V8? But no- Ford is learning a different direction. Check out the new Aviator, F**K a ford V8 I’d rather have a 494hp 630 ft/lb slick ass hybrid if im getting a Lincoln because I KNOW ford is putting their $$$ into that tech not a V8.

Cadillac Escalade? Yeah give me the 6.2- he’ll i driving wish they’d drop the 7.0 in it lol

Remind me again what Lexus puts in their top end SUVs & cars?

My point is- unless you’re a blind fanboy of the ford V8 specifically- I don’t see how can’t admit, compared to the competition, Ford does not put nearly the same effort into developing V8 engines & incorporating them into the most obvious suitable platforms. Nope. Instead they’re putting turbo V6s & hybrids into their “best” shit - aside from the mustang which is kinda the only reason ford even makes V8s & if ya really like em that’s who you should thank otherwise they wouldn’t make em period.

Truth be told the mustang would be a better performer if it had the HO 3.5 in place of the 5.0 or SC 5.2 or whatever they make. The Shelby would be better w/ that Lincoln drivetrain cranked up w/ some electric motors in front hubs.

Argue against that? You’re nuts.

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after driving the 3.5 for a while , i dont care how many cyls it has.
This.

I’ve only got 12k miles on my engine and I don’t find myself wanting anything kore from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marcus85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5.0 is being dropped for a 4.8 V8 that puts out more power. Ford sure is busy developing new V8’s for how much they hate them.

Sernas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah V8 is not going away anytime soon the ecoboost fan boys get hurt when you talk about new v8 for some reason. I don’t hate it in any way I just think a v8 would be much better vs a maxed out v6. Ford has the same amount of v8 and ecoboost engine I believe 3 or 4 of each?

Kuan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah V8 is not going away anytime soon the ecoboost fan boys get hurt when you talk about new v8 for some reason. I don’t hate it in any way I just think a v8 would be much better vs a maxed out v6. Ford has the same amount of v8 and ecoboost engine I believe 3 or 4 of each?
This... In typical Ford fashion, the ecoboost is at the end of its lifecycle. You can count on a 4.8 powered raptor. And probably a 5.2 sc version that will make its way in as an R type model. Or, it becomes a reinvented lightning. I think the ecoboost experiment is finally done with.