My install of a Rogue Rebel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just did this on mine, trimming that little piece of the frame is NBD, IMO. ive trimmed alot more for alot less. i had ryan weld my side light brackets on which made a big difference. My 40" rigid RDS fit fine. i did have to readjust it once it was on the truck, but i have no complaints. i like the way this fits better than the renegade i had. my main complaint on the renegade was that it didnt go to the sides of the flares. this one fits like a glove. i even like it better than my ADD venom, and i liked that bumper alot. I do this for a living, so even the minor hiccups you mention above we are prepared for. just remember if this stuff was easy, they wouldnt be called "mods".

OP
OP
Z

Zeus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just did this on mine, trimming that little piece of the frame is NBD, IMO. ive trimmed alot more for alot less. i had ryan weld my side light brackets on which made a big difference. My 40" rigid RDS fit fine. i did have to readjust it once it was on the truck, but i have no complaints. i like the way this fits better than the renegade i had. my main complaint on the renegade was that it didnt go to the sides of the flares. this one fits like a glove. i even like it better than my ADD venom, and i liked that bumper alot. I do this for a living, so even the minor hiccups you mention above we are prepared for. just remember if this stuff was easy, they wouldnt be called "mods".

Hey, I never said this was hard... it wasn't. But, for the price tag, it should have included everything I ordered... and they should have mentioned that a clearance cut was needed. The sales team wasn't made aware of that. If I knew I'd have to cut on the frame beforehand, I would probably have just cut the horns off and ordered the Renegade to start with.

I am surprised about your Rigid RDS 40" fitting with their brackets (it was their brackets?). The ones they sent me were definitely not deep enough.

SVTCQ

Reaction score

Good to hear. Just took mine off the truck and looks like a quality product.

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, I never said this was hard... it wasn't. But, for the price tag, it should have included everything I ordered... and they should have mentioned that a clearance cut was needed. The sales team wasn't made aware of that. If I knew I'd have to cut on the frame beforehand, I would probably have just cut the horns off and ordered the Renegade to start with.

I am surprised about your Rigid RDS 40" fitting with their brackets (it was their brackets?). The ones they sent me were definitely not deep enough.

ive done the renegade, i like the way this one fits better. to each their own though. They should have mentioned a clearance cut was necessary for sure. we figured that out the same way you did. i just verified with my guys and we used the rogue bracket for the light.

jason07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I spoke with Doug from Rogue at Havoc this past weekend. The biggest issue with these bumpers is the fact that they are shipped with no instructions. That is an issue that will be fixed immediately from what he told me.

I do have a Rebel bumper on my truck, but I had a local shop install it. There were no issues with the fitting of the bumper. They did have to grind the 2 spots pictured in the OP's post, but there was no issue, as the shop knew how to do it. I just installed a 40" light so I opted for the dimpled ends on the bumper. I love this bumper!! It's as close as I can find to a bolt on bumper with "cut frame horn" approach angle.

Not the best pic, but here you go.
IMG_5064_zpsncj8ptbp.jpg

OP
OP
Z

Zeus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also spoke with Doug @ Havoc, and he also told me that they have completed the instructions that details the need to make those cuts. I don't see the instructions on their website yet, but hopefully, they'll put them on there soon so anybody that's interested can see that beforehand in case it is a problem for them to make the cuts.

Also, they've shipped me the new brackets, and they are indeed longer (Doug told me they did a test fit with the Rigid RDS 40" and it would not fit for them either, so it is deeper than their Rogue branded 40" radius light). I haven't put them on the truck yet, but it looks like they'll work fine.

So, it sounds like they got the bugs worked out, which is good, because this is one of the best looking bumpers you can get for these trucks.

For what it's worth, I spoke with Doug from Rogue at Havoc this past weekend. The biggest issue with these bumpers is the fact that they are shipped with no instructions. That is an issue that will be fixed immediately from what he told me.

I do have a Rebel bumper on my truck, but I had a local shop install it. There were no issues with the fitting of the bumper. They did have to grind the 2 spots pictured in the OP's post, but there was no issue, as the shop knew how to do it. I just installed a 40" light so I opted for the dimpled ends on the bumper. I love this bumper!! It's as close as I can find to a bolt on bumper with "cut frame horn" approach angle.

Not the best pic, but here you go.
IMG_5064_zpsncj8ptbp.jpg

madmex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received my Renegade front bumper last week but with no instruction sheet. I checked out their website and there are some install instructions there but not too detailed as I would like them to be. I haven't checked if I received all hardware but will update on that and install. So far Rogue customer service has been awesome.