My ford story.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Since I'm not sure if I can post my ford story on ford social i'll post it here for possible feedback. 2017 Ford Raptor delivery date 5/12/2017. Rear main seal leak on 5/18/2017 around 132 miles. Major transmission fluid leak on 7/13/2017 around 402 miles. Headliner rattle for several months prior to 5/1/2018 at around 1000 miles. Dye was added to the engine oil on this same visit as the headliner replacement for a suspected engine oil leak. Confirmed engine oil leak coming from the front timing cover on 9/12/2018 at 2107 miles. Check engine light on 11/15/2018 at 3061 miles. Purge valve replaced. No crank on 2/3/2019 at 3314 miles. Starter replaced.

OP
OP
Reaction score
Mine has been flawless for the last 1042.6 miles except it developed an awful clunk which ended up just being loose transmission mount nuts at the crossmember. I tightened them up instead of wasting my time taking it to the dealership. It’s not suggested to be driven more unless you have extra time on your hands and don’t mind being late for things.

OP
OP
Reaction score
Well I owned a gen 1 that I was enthusiastic about but never joined a forum only peeked now and then. This gen 2 is a different story. I’m a *******, no denying that. Not looking for sympathy though. I should have specified feedback. I’m trying to wrap my head around how ford got mine so wrong and some others are just fine problem free trucks. It just blows my mind of the inconsistencies. I work on vehicles for a living and have been for quite awhile. Most vehicles are very consistent with problems they develop over time. Granted all we really work on is junk all day everyday, most of the problems they have are very predictable by time or mileage to where you know what you’ll probably find before you even look at it. A few of the problems I’ve had with mine have me baffled that it’s not widespread considering it’s still a mass produced vehicle at low volume. I know that’s contradicting but that’s the only way I can explain it.

OP
OP
Reaction score
I wish ford thought it was a lemon but last I heard they don’t. I’d be accused of sabotage if my hands were on a customers vehicle and these issues happened afterwards.