Mufflers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your 12288 is the same design as my 12388, except that mine is 6 inches longer. Mine is louder than the factory muffler, no question about it. How do you compare yours to the factory muffler???

As quiet as stock, if not more, at start up.
Cruising, not much difference.
WOT, a little louder.

I guess I'm used to a deeper rumble and having the engine let me know it's there.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Odd. Even my daughter who does not live near me and therefore rides with me very rarely noticed that the Magnaflow an was louder than stock. Oh well. Maybe what we're talking about here is more perception than actual sound level.

Thanks!

Desmo_Pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your 12288 is the same design as my 12388, except that mine is 6 inches longer. Mine is louder than the factory muffler, no question about it. How do you compare yours to the factory muffler???

Ruger,

Did you delete the resonator as well?

Thanks

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No, Desmo, I kept the resonator. Wanted to preclude any drone possibilities. The Raptor is my daily driver, after all.

In replacing the factory muffler with the Magnaflow, I learned something rather important: there is nothing in particular wrong with the factory muffler. The only difference between before and after is that the truck's a little louder and the sound is a little smoother. The factory can was a little quieter at normal throttle openings, but had a raspy character at WOT. I miss the WOT bark.

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the factory muffler with the Borla 40349 and left everything else in place; resonator untouched, rear pipes remain and it's perfect. A nice growl at start up and rumble while idling. A low tone & powerful sound while accelerating. Slight discernible drone when cruising. Overall I'd call it a smooth "Big Block" audio experience. I love it.

Last edited:

treatcg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the factory muffler with the Borla 40349 and left everything else in place; resonator untouched, rear pipes remain and it's perfect. A nice growl at start up and rumble while idling. A low tone & powerful sound while accelerating. No discernible drone when cruising. Overall I'd call it a smooth "Big Block" audio experience. I love it.

Do you have any sound clips of your setup? This is the exact setup I want on my 2013.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here we go again…. SW headers + corsa exhaust = ***** dropper.

I'll second this. After hearing someone at snoball with this setup it's the best I've heard yet. Only difference was he was catless. I've established videos don't suffice when making a decision like this.