Mud Flaps Husky brand vs others

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorman19

Reaction score
I prefer the look without mud flaps at all and most Raptors I see dont have them. I have always had them on my other trucks because of Iowa winters and I live on a chip seal road. Tires load up and throw them on the highway. Not going to see offroad or many gravel roads just day to day stuff. Pulling our boat mostly.

Do the running boards stop most or almost all chips from happening?

Looking for a no drill application.

I have searched and read most of the posts on mud flaps and I am still on the fence. I like the look of the Husky mud flaps if flaps are a must. I am concerned it might still let some rocks get buy and hit the rear fender and flare? Anyone have real world feedback with this style?

I have looked at some of the other options and hit and miss on the style but the function has to be better. Much larger flaps then the Husky style.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The running boards aren’t enough. The husky’s are shit for functionality. If they’re small enough to not notice them they’re small enough not to be effective.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Husky no-drill mudflaps on my Raptor. I don't think they take away too much from the appearance of the truck.

I can't speak to whether they will prevent chips or not, but I noticed a significant decrease of debris being thrown against the side of the truck and under the running boards. The running boards themselves do help, but there's still plenty of spray without the mud flaps.

After having been installed for a month or so, I don't really notice them anymore. For $40, I'd say they're a no-brainer.

OP
OP
R

Raptorman19

Reaction score
My last 2 trucks had something similar to the Husky flaps with side steps and I didn't see any rock chips. Was hoping the Husky would be the same combo but they look a little smaller and the Raptor tires are not small.

2012-08-24_14-32-38_143.jpg

20170925_070512_resized.jpg

OP
OP
R

Raptorman19

Reaction score
I have the Husky no-drill mudflaps on my Raptor. I don't think they take away too much from the appearance of the truck.

I can't speak to whether they will prevent chips or not, but I noticed a significant decrease of debris being thrown against the side of the truck and under the running boards. The running boards themselves do help, but there's still plenty of spray without the mud flaps.

After having been installed for a month or so, I don't really notice them anymore. For $40, I'd say they're a no-brainer.

I know what you mean by they start to disappear.

Last edited:

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I fully agree with this post and had your same concerns. The Husky mudflaps look stock, integrate really well and do not stand out in a bad way, and do a decent job of protecting. They are not flexible, so I wouldn't recommend them for off-road use, but for the street, I love them from a looks and functionality perspective.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
PDP are by far and away the best if you are going for the minimalist look. Put them through their paces, very happy with them. Uses factory screws so all you gotta do is figure out where you want them.
Morning.jpg vlcsnap-2019-04-02-13h20m10s642.png

oldfoggy

Reaction score
Also have Huskys . . . perfectly happy.
Don't really see um
less crap on the steps
lost of crap on the flaps
even if they were substantially bigger . . . some stuff will get by

enjoy the track!!!!!!

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I prefer the look without mud flaps at all and most Raptors I see dont have them. I have always had them on my other trucks because of Iowa winters and I live on a chip seal road. Tires load up and throw them on the highway. Not going to see offroad or many gravel roads just day to day stuff. Pulling our boat mostly.

Do the running boards stop most or almost all chips from happening?

Looking for a no drill application.

I have searched and read most of the posts on mud flaps and I am still on the fence. I like the look of the Husky mud flaps if flaps are a must. I am concerned it might still let some rocks get buy and hit the rear fender and flare? Anyone have real world feedback with this style?

I have looked at some of the other options and hit and miss on the style but the function has to be better. Much larger flaps then the Husky style.

I have a 2014 with the factory running boards and they will protect doors up front,they will not help with the rear fender...I put a set of WeatherTech's on the back (they dont make them for front,and dont think they would look good with the running board so close...)
But the ones on the back look great and OEM ...and they really are a NO DRILL flap...dont even need to take off tires...took about 15 minutes to screw on...fits exactly in the original wheel well holes...and for under $50...I have no regrets...