MT's vs AT's, 17's, 18's vs 20's discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just wouldn't go both E load and 20s. If they made a C load 20 that'd probably ride pretty well, lots of raptors have E load 17s...but doing both, thats a pretty stiff wheel/tire combo....IMO. E loads from different brands ride more or less stiff too. KO2 E loads Ive found to not ride as stiff as a set of coopers I had for example. It all depends on the intended purpose, and if you like a sportier ride.

Augster

Reaction score
Trail Grap's 35x12.5 F-RATED on 20's. Been riding them for almost 3 years offroad, though I'm not blasting 70 MPH on the trails, mostly becuz I hang with non-Rap's. When I have opened 'er up tho, I had no problems with ride harshness nor stability. Originally came with 37 KO2's on stockers, which were definitely a "plush" ride, but the AT tread wasn't really digging very well on some of the climbs. I do notice the tires on 20's are bit stiffer, but the F-rated Graps' have been really tough and took some sharp rocks without punctures or tears.

I'll be upgrading to 37 Ridge Grap's as my Trails' treads are now worn down.

The Trail's are definitely noisy on the street with a warbling "whine"; not like the "hum" of my ancient BFG Mudders way back when.

IMG_4194.jpegIMG_4197.jpeg

IMO, the 37's on OEM rims just didn't fill the wide wells enough, but like 17's vs 20's, it's all subjective opinions, so each their own!

IMG_4153.jpegIMG_4166.jpeg

Smokyray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear the banter of a seemingly answer-less question on the site however comma…
Having been driving on and off road since the Earth was cooling I’ve learned everything is a compromise, especially tires. The BFG KO2 stock size has served me very well (originals now have 61K) in many surfaces on and off road and sidewalls that handle numerous spousal curb side swipes with little damage. After a recent home re-roofing the discount tire guys during a R&B brought me two roofing nails pulled from lugs that hadn’t gone thru. Hard to match durability…

Guess I’m a KO2 fan for the long haul…:)

V/R
Smokey