MPT Tune Version 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When you have your 4 gauges up, swipe over and it will go to six gauges. You can see it mention it in this link.

https://www.morepowertuning.com/ngauge-setup-gauges

Thanks! It looks like I have some more reading to do... :smile:

I wasn't even planning to use the nGauge on my dash, but I see it has some useful information so I will try to find a suitable place to mount it out of the direct sun from my windshield.

If anyone has suggestions or pictures, please let me know.

Last edited:

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeh its hard to mount it anywhere where the sun isn't gonna blast it. I put mine in my lower left windshield and ran the wire down through the plastic compartment on the side. I like it there but the Sun does tend to hit it most of the day. I throw a rag over it when i park for work.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeh its hard to mount it anywhere where the sun isn't gonna blast it. I put mine in my lower left windshield and ran the wire down through the plastic compartment on the side. I like it there but the Sun does tend to hit it most of the day. I throw a rag over it when i park for work.

When I mounted mine on the lower left for just part of the day, the NGauge unit overheated to the point where it was power-cycling on/off until I took it down. Temps were 100+ degrees in Texas at the time, so I am sure it wont be as bad for others...

When it was working, I liked it there on the left, but I either need to get my windshield tinted with ceramic, or I need to find another location. I am not sure the ceramic tint will work to keep the unit cool enough, but it is worth a shot since I was planning to do it anyway for the interior heat.

Last edited:

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I messed with the settings on mine and now when the auto start stop activates the gauge shuts off but then turns back on when the truck re starts. It turns back on to gauge mode. However when I start the truck the gauge still won't come one until i touch it. Then it comes on at the main screen instead of the gauge screen. So I need to take some time and figure out which setting is the one I need for it to come on when I start the truck and go right to the gauge screen.

I messed around with mine today and here is what I got to work.

1. To get it to come on consistently when I start the truck, I changed the Wake Mode to Voltage Level or Alternator On.

Diagnostics > Settings > Sleep/Wake > Wake Mode

2. To get it shut off when I turned the truck off, I changed the Sleep Mode to Alternator Off.

Diagnostics > Settings > Sleep/Wake > Sleep Mode

I left the default on/off voltages at 13.2 and 12.7

3. To get it to come on to the Gauges, I changed the Startup Mode to Gauges. I changed the display to 6 gauges with a side to side swipe one time and it returns to the same screen at startup.

Diagnostics > Settings > Startup Mode

I took a few picture of the settings screens for reference in case others are following this thread.

Attachments

• IMG_3446.jpg
    IMG_3446.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3449.jpg
    IMG_3449.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3448.jpg
    IMG_3448.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3447.jpg
    IMG_3447.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3450.jpg
    IMG_3450.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 33

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
TXRaptor thanks for taking the time to put that together. I had actually read the info on MPT's site and changed mine to a similar setup (I forget exactly which I set the wake and sleep to). Strange thing about mine now is that it doesn't always come on when I start the truck. Only some times. I need to double check the settings again.

Just some observations on my engine temp and IAT2 temps.

My truck is bone stock except for the MPT tunes (91 Tow, 91 PRX and 93 PRX)

I ran the 91 PRX for about a week and a half. Then switched to the 93 PRX tune for about 4 days. Saturday I had to rescue a buddy that broke down and needed to tow an enclosed trailer that probably weighed around 4,000 #'s so I loaded the 91 Tow tune. So I obviously I got to try the tow tune while towing.

Interesting thing is all 3 of the tunes ended up with similar engine temps (peaking at 226) and similar IAT2 temps (Usually around 30 - 50 degrees above ambient). So it doesn't appear that "hotter" tunes create any noticeably higher temps.

I'm curious what temps anyone is seeing with an aftermarket IC with any of these MPT tunes.

I would think with the stock t-stat that the engine temp would be the same (since it didn't change with any of my 3 tunes).

But I'm curious how much difference there is from ambient to IAT2. That is where the aftermarket IC should show improvements if they make a difference.

ss_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TXRaptor thanks for taking the time to put that together. I had actually read the info on MPT's site and changed mine to a similar setup (I forget exactly which I set the wake and sleep to). Strange thing about mine now is that it doesn't always come on when I start the truck. Only some times. I need to double check the settings again.

Just some observations on my engine temp and IAT2 temps.

My truck is bone stock except for the MPT tunes (91 Tow, 91 PRX and 93 PRX)

I ran the 91 PRX for about a week and a half. Then switched to the 93 PRX tune for about 4 days. Saturday I had to rescue a buddy that broke down and needed to tow an enclosed trailer that probably weighed around 4,000 #'s so I loaded the 91 Tow tune. So I obviously I got to try the tow tune while towing.

Interesting thing is all 3 of the tunes ended up with similar engine temps (peaking at 226) and similar IAT2 temps (Usually around 30 - 50 degrees above ambient). So it doesn't appear that "hotter" tunes create any noticeably higher temps.

I'm curious what temps anyone is seeing with an aftermarket IC with any of these MPT tunes.

I would think with the stock t-stat that the engine temp would be the same (since it didn't change with any of my 3 tunes).

But I'm curious how much difference there is from ambient to IAT2. That is where the aftermarket IC should show improvements if they make a difference.

Temps here are 95 with 55% humidity. I’m seeing Engine temp at 205 and IAT2 temp at 105 cruising on the highway at 70 miles an hour. In traffic engine same 205 IAT2 is 135. I have MPT PRX93 with a SVC intercooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Temps here are 95 with 55% humidity. I’m seeing Engine temp at 205 and IAT2 temp at 105 cruising on the highway at 70 miles an hour. In traffic engine same 205 IAT2 is 135. I have MPT PRX93 with a SVC intercooler.

My engine temp will stay around that range at cruising speed but under acceleration it will climb to the mid 220's.

What IAT2 temps do you see under an aggressive acceleration run?

ss_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My engine temp will stay around that range at cruising speed but under acceleration it will climb to the mid 220's.

What IAT2 temps do you see under an aggressive acceleration run?

Coming off the highway into the City I was around 125-129 for IAT2 and engine was around 208.

I did a few 0-60 runs and the engine never went over 216 and IAT2 dropped to 110-114 range. I very happy with the intercooler i think its doing a nice job with these temps.