Motor oil on top of intake manifold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bumpngrind

Reaction score
Hey guys, 2017 gen 2 with 57000, I've got used motor oil ponding on top of the intake manifold, anyone been down this road? Its one thing after another, any input would be greatly appreciated.

Derail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard of this before, but I would identify the source of the leak first.

Jason Snokhous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s most likely coming from the PCV line to your intake. A catch can will capture it and send clear air to your intake. Just YouTube catch can or oil air separator. It’s nothing to be alarmed about. All engines have some oil mist from the crank case. If you’re going to keep the truck a while I’d buy one. If your going to trade in the next year or so just drive it.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had my Valve cover replaced. It was cracked. I’m sure it’s what your issue is as well. Take some pics and post up. You sure it’s the intake manifold and not a valve cover?

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Valve cover, mine went early but leaked in the same spot. Also if your is consuming oil it could be from this. They updated the design later on the valve covers and changed the pvc design somehow to prevent the excessive oil consumption. Been great since the repair.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to find the source of the leak. If it turns out that it's blow by from the PCV then a catch can may help. DO NOT get a JLT can. They are not sufficient for a turbocharged engine. You need a dual valve can...not a dual can system...although those are fine...A dual valve system like UPR will catch oil vapor when under boost where the JLT will not.