Morimoto Announces NEW 2nd Gen XB Headlights for Gen2 Raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The white DRL is not for the Raptors. Raptors are Amber DRL. It's confusing, i know, because the video shows white. BUT it's most likely a video that will be used for the non-raptors also.

The old version was 2 Projectors per side for low beam and the other 2 were high beam. NOW they set it up as 4 projectors per side for low. When you switch to your highs, the light intensifies (and most likely the projectors have a solenoid that drops allowing more light to output).

It's similar to what you see in the fancy new SUV's from Mercedes/etc... where they use multiple LED projectors.

REALLY awesome upgrade. I can't wait till our set arrives to swap out the ones we have.

As a new owner you should also check out our Triple Fog Light Kits here: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicl...2017-2018-f-150-raptor/triple-fog-light-kits/

We also have other bolt on kits for your truck: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/led-auxiliary-lights/baja-designs/raptor-2017-lighting-kits/

Smokyray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks!
What headlight switch position/s select the Amber outline DRLs, Auto as they are now?
As far as triple lights go I'm personally not a fan of how they look however, a single SAE Amber fog centered in the bumper hole appeals more for me, especially if it had a recessed black composite fairing mount like Tacoma's, Tundras, Rams, F150s GMCs etc...

V/R
Smokey

Last edited:

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
During daylight OEM in order to have amber plank on you have to turn headlight switch to first position for parking lights. With the morimoto you no longer have to switch it on. Once you wire it to fuse box it’s on. Love that.

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ohh I like the Morimoto a LOT better over the AlphaRex. The AlphaRex have a ... well "weird" pattern I call it. It's not as clean a cut-off and has a "boob" effect, so I call it anyway. If you've ever shined them against a blank wall, you know what I mean.

We just put the Morimotos on our demo truck a few months ago. Gonna swap them out for the new Gen2 as soon as they arrive to us. The quad lows now should be AWESOME. They were awesome before, but even more awesome now. The startup sequence is neat but I feel you'll forget about it after a while, since the owner of a truck won't really see it. Will make for a cool remote start though as you walk up.
Got 3 pages into this thread and I really just want to know where the boobs are now.

CobraJay

Tweaker by trade
Reaction score
Didnt realize these were updated, very interested in some output shots as well. I wasnt impressed with the previous gen's output so I was thinking about getting the Alpharex but just didnt care for the looks of them.