Morimoto Announces NEW 2nd Gen XB Headlights for Gen2 Raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I need to figure the halo brightness issue out. There seem to be 2 or 3 modes.
1. In drive, the halos are medium brightness.
2. In park, halos are the absolute brightest.
3. Lights on halos are either like in drive or a bit dimmer.

I want the halos to be the brightest when in DRIVE, not park. Do I have the fusetap in the wrong slot? Is there a way to trick the lights so they think drive is park? Why would park be brighter than drive? I NEED ANSWERS DAMNIT. :p

That's kinda not how they are designed to work though. They dim when in drive mode so that your headlights don't compete with the amber DRL and distract other drivers.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's kinda not how they are designed to work though. They dim when in drive mode so that your headlights don't compete with the amber DRL and distract other drivers.
Well the headlights aren’t on during the day so no, they are not competing at all. I’m saying at daytime i want the halos full brightness in drive.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well the headlights aren’t on during the day so no, they are not competing at all. I’m saying at daytime i want the halos full brightness in drive.

Sorry but that's not how they are designed. Halos dim at night so that they are not competing with your headlights or causing additional accent lighting. You can't just change how the system is designed, sorry.

If your headlights are on, the DRL dims. If you didn't install your DRL harness, that's why you are having issues. OR if you've used FORSCAN to keep your headlights on during the day (like I did), then they will dim during day. Any time your headlights are on they will dim

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sigh. You clearly are not understanding what I am saying. During daylight, the LED headlights ARE NOT ON. Can we agree on this? If so, let's move on. While the headlights are NOT ON during daylight hours I want the halos to be in the brightest mode, like when the truck is in park. Full stop. When it's dark and the LEDs turn on, it is fine for the halos to dim.

In the below pic the truck is in DRIVE and only halos on. I have the DRL wire installed. There is a brighter mode than what the pic shows if you put the truck in PARK.

*edit - unless I'm an idiot and this is because I removed the LED as drl and enabled the halos on the stock lights? If so, if I undo that would my issue be solved?

LIpWdiwYId-Xh0iULfAqJD_zs7ed1hY2zbe6pPQgG0lw=w2400.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So you've programmed your truck to act differently via FORSCAN? That's your issue then.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So you've programmed your truck to act differently via FORSCAN? That's your issue then.
When I first got the truck I programed the headlights to be OFF and the halos on via forscan so yes. If I program it back to the way it was, then the halos will be full brightness while the headlights are off?

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They should be. The halo effect is achieved when the truck is driving. Since you have it programmed to always be on, the truck thinks you are driving at night, so it dims the DRL effect. So if you put it back to factory default, the DRL should come on full brightness when driving down the road with the headlights turned off. Turning the headlights on should dim them.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They should be. The halo effect is achieved when the truck is driving. Since you have it programmed to always be on, the truck thinks you are driving at night, so it dims the DRL effect. So if you put it back to factory default, the DRL should come on full brightness when driving down the road with the headlights turned off. Turning the headlights on should dim them.
Ahh ok TYVM. I will try to forscan it back to OEM and report back!

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK so I got it all fixed. If you are like me, and you used ForScan to turn your LED headlights to be OFF and your HALOS to be on on your OEM lights, you need to reverse it. Not only that, but then you need to go into the cluster and turn DRLs to off - with the above forscan mod that had to be set to ON in the cluster. Anyway, sorry for the confusion 4x4 and now the halos are bright AF in drive :)