Morimoto Announces NEW 2nd Gen XB Headlights for Gen2 Raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They actually seem ok but I will do more actual driving to see. Also something interesting. I hooked up the DRL wire to fuse 14 as others have suggested, works great. However, without the DRL wire my halos would stay on like the 'coming home' function for maybe 30 seconds after you get out of the truck. Now, with the DRL hooked to fuse 14 they IMMEDIATELY go off. Not sure how I feel about that, might want to move it elsewhere. Suggestions?

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They actually seem ok but I will do more actual driving to see. Also something interesting. I hooked up the DRL wire to fuse 14 as others have suggested, works great. However, without the DRL wire my halos would stay on like the 'coming home' function for maybe 30 seconds after you get out of the truck. Now, with the DRL hooked to fuse 14 they IMMEDIATELY go off. Not sure how I feel about that, might want to move it elsewhere. Suggestions?

I noticed when I used fuse 35 per the manual my DRLs would stay on for quite some time after turning the car off.

I went to 14 and they now immediately turn off when I lock the truck which I prefer.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did some driving tonight- the lights need to be rained up a bit still. Is there side to side adjustment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CobraJay

Tweaker by trade
Reaction score
I dont believe there is any adjustment aside from up/down on the gen2.

Still havent been out when it was truly dark yet, how do you rate the spread on these???

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so i have my xbleds wired up to upfitter switch for now. I needed a full dark mode which wouldn't have worked if i wired it up to the fuse box. I think i also lost my bugatti startup sequence on remote start.
Anyone else have experience with wiring to upfitter?

TheTeej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i have my xbleds wired up to upfitter switch for now. I needed a full dark mode which wouldn't have worked if i wired it up to the fuse box. I think i also lost my bugatti startup sequence on remote start.
Anyone else have experience with wiring to upfitter?

even with the upfitter left in the “on” position during remote start?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK so I've noticed there are actually 3 brightness modes to the outer halos - dimmest is with the headlights ON. Next brighter is normal DRL mode. Brightest is with the truck ON but in PARK. I want to know if it is possible to somehow get the BRIGHTEST mode when acting as DRL. If someone can figure that out, beers on me.

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
even with the upfitter left in the “on” position during remote start?
ok fixed my issue lol, upfitter 5 blew the fuse. moved to upfitter 4.
i just removed the LVJ relay panel, and forgot to to a different upfitter.
need a 10A fuse for sure for the drl harness.