Morimito XB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sig Fanboy

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have morimoto headlights also? Do they make them for the gen3? I bought them for my then Gen2 but returned them. Looked too difficult to install.
What did you think was difficult? The wiring or just install? I watched a couple vids on install, didn’t think that part was too intimidating but admittedly I haven’t done it and I never seem to have a good result when the instructions say “ grasp and pull firmly” , for me that usually means broken tabs followed by” ahh, that’s how that works”. The vids I watched kinda glossed over the wiring but appeared to be mostly plug and play but I was wondering where the amber DRL’s and sequential turn signals got power given that the stock lights aren’t DRL, or at least they aren’t on my “ welfare Raptor”( 800A Scab).

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What did you think was difficult? The wiring or just install? I watched a couple vids on install, didn’t think that part was too intimidating but admittedly I haven’t done it and I never seem to have a good result when the instructions say “ grasp and pull firmly” , for me that usually means broken tabs followed by” ahh, that’s how that works”. The vids I watched kinda glossed over the wiring but appeared to be mostly plug and play but I was wondering where the amber DRL’s and sequential turn signals got power given that the stock lights aren’t DRL, or at least they aren’t on my “ welfare Raptor”( 800A Scab).
Well, don't go by me. I'm not a mechanic in any way, shape or form, and it just seemed quite involved. I messed with headlights on my Can-Am X3 XRC and it was very difficult to reinstall, etc. And those are easy in comparison. I'm sure if you are mechanically inclined it's doable. As for breaking tabs, no one better than me at that. In fact, when I removed the entire front of the Can-Am and put it back together, I was very proud I ONLY had about 10 screws, fasterners, etc left over.

Oh, and did I mention I left the radiator loose as I couldn't get it back in right? Sure was glad to trade that in. lol.

OP
OP
Sig Fanboy

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, don't go by me. I'm not a mechanic in any way, shape or form, and it just seemed quite involved. I messed with headlights on my Can-Am X3 XRC and it was very difficult to reinstall, etc. And those are easy in comparison. I'm sure if you are mechanically inclined it's doable. As for breaking tabs, no one better than me at that. In fact, when I removed the entire front of the Can-Am and put it back together, I was very proud I ONLY had about 10 screws, fasterners, etc left over.

Oh, and did I mention I left the radiator loose as I couldn't get it back in right? Sure was glad to trade that in. lol.
Yeah, I’m fairly competent at wrenching but plastic tabs, widgets , tiny fasteners and electrical plugs are not my thing, something always ends up broke. Thank goodness for zip ties and tape.