Moisture and Corrosion in camera wiring harness.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Assassin

Assassin

Reaction score
^ Thanks for posting the results btw, might help other owners down the road.

I suppose the additional warranty was nice compensation for having to go without your truck for as long as you did (still a long time to trace wiring, all things to considered, but at least they properly identified/corrected the problem).

I skimmed the work repair orders and agree that they wasted time having to doublecheck your aftermarket lighting (although I'm sure the dealer/techs have run into customers who have no business tinkering with electrical stuff LOL).

It looked like they were tossing parts at the problem by replacing the PCM and the BCM before they found the corroded wiring/harness (saw the front camera was replaced as well).

Eventually it looked like the culprits were C405 and C4000 within the wiring system; was the rear of your truck ever fully submerged in water by chance ?

Wonder if anybody else has recently found corrision within those above circuits as well...
As far as I know this truck didn't see much off road. I bought it used with 10k miles on it and was only owned 6 months. An oil tycoon owned it out mostly highway miles on the truck. I think it was just a mistake Ford made at Dearborn and over time it got corroded from rain and washing.

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Why did they keep it continuously for the whole time. Surely they didn't work on it every day for that period.
Because it just made more sense for them to keep it there instead of me having to go back and fourth to the dealer. I didn't want it back until it was fixed.

loke

Reaction score
I'm having similar issues. My front camera has been not working for about a month. The rear camera has started showing signs of an intermittent connection issue, and the battery is now giving me trouble. Yesterday, my stereo stopped working. Does anyone know where these harnesses connect exactly?