Modifications-2017 Bulliten from Ford-interesting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing like turning your mechanics into detectives, so they can deny any warranty work. You have to pay to play and if you can’t afford to replace major engine components you shouldn’t be playing.

dreys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What makes this funny is that 90% of Ford technicians can't change the oil without making a mess or troubleshoot the noise coming from the fuel pump, blaming the issue on the shock (see another thread from a member a few threads below).

Asking same technicians to do advanced troubleshooting... Hmm, perhaps it would be wiser for Ford to get their act together first before using "blame it on the customer" approach.

TheRegMan

Reaction score
Man that's rough. The way they have those bubbles laid out it's a no win scenario. I thought Mitsubishi was tough on warranty work but its wasn't anything compared to that.

Terry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing, just from what I've read on other forums for the past five years or so, that any tune is going to void the warranty and yes - they'll probably find you've had one. Warranty repairs are a major expense for auto makers and all of them are taking steps to ensure they only make those that are legitimate. In case you haven't heard, GM vehicles from 2018 and up have encrypted operating systems and are nearly impossible to modify. GM makes an exception for Corvette and Camaro because they want those buyers to be able to play with their cars. I chose the raptor because it can be tuned when and if I decide to do so.

If you decide to make mods, then you should assume that the warranty is gone. Then you won't be disappointed if the service manage tells you that your warranty has been voided.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What about those guys running a Cobb tuner....is their warranty gone?

Yup. They can see the checksum/key cycles vs mileage. Flashing maps resets the checksum.

That’s a good reason to deny warranty but not always. Sometimes it depends on the circumstances or dealer.

So, if it makes you restless, then don’t tune your vehicle.

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you go roush upgrades through the dealer will that void it? The powered by ford program still around?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk