Misfire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
CleverGirl_

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
What was the issue?
Still working it out. The tapping noise I thought was something bad, ended up being normal injector noise. Still waiting for a good day to do the spark plugs. If I am WOT there is no issue at all so I'm confused.

OP
OP
CleverGirl_

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
I would just replace it with a stock one. Will help to rule out your issue.
Yea, the truck hibernates during the week so I usually get a list to tackle for the weekend. Wish I could get an OASIS report on it but ive come up empty.

OP
OP
CleverGirl_

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Took some time in the quiet to record an exhaust vid. Maybe someone can see if I’ve gone insane chasing a ghost or not.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure how relevant this may be, but may be fuel related.
When we switched to 80lb injectors from 60lb my truck ran like hot ass at anything other than WOT, would jerk and hesitate like crazy until we went back to the 60s. Apparently they were hard to fine tune right.

But relating this to your issue, maybe clogged fuel filter or injector that only gets better at wot cause higher pressures? Dunno just shooting out ideas.

OP
OP
CleverGirl_

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
not sure how relevant this may be, but may be fuel related.
When we switched to 80lb injectors from 60lb my truck ran like hot ass at anything other than WOT, would jerk and hesitate like crazy until we went back to the 60s. Apparently they were hard to fine tune right.

But relating this to your issue, maybe clogged fuel filter or injector that only gets better at wot cause higher pressures? Dunno just shooting out ideas.
Im leaning on fuel, but the idle is 90% perfect so I may just be used to my Duramax and its high idle (and absurd fuel pressure). I'm going to get some better quality cleaner and run it.