miles per gallon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

italianhound303

Reaction score
I have an 18 SCREW, 17,200 miles, 2in leveling kit in the front, and Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I drive more HWY than city and average around 15.5 running regular fuel.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems like you’re really enjoying that $700 tune

I jest....but I mean what’s the point of adding 80-100 horsies to the truck if ya ain’t gonna use em?

Oh I use them....just not in slow rush hour traffic!

P.S. Does that $700 tune come with a reach-around because I didn't spend NEAR that much, but I also didn't get the bonus reach package! :D

vyePgjSbG64FjXBG9

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
???? Tanks friggin huge. I can’t imagine there’s even a regular passenger vehicle out there w/ a larger one.

36 gallons ain’t enough?

I scratched my head as well when I read that. I think the Tundra is a 38 or 39 gallon tank but it's also a thirstier truck, so yeah... Not a whole lot of vehicles out there with a larger tank, unless he's got a SCAB with a 26 gallon tank, then it would make some sense.

RivRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20180729_181553 (2).jpg

On our annual 3500 mile trip from SoCal loop around Sturgis SD and back averaged 12.1 pulling this trailer at freeway speeds. Pic is from Mexican Hat UT.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh I use them....just not in slow rush hour traffic!

P.S. Does that $700 tune come with a reach-around because I didn't spend NEAR that much, but I also didn't get the bonus reach package! :D

vyePgjSbG64FjXBG9

View attachment 128479
High side depending on company & the tuner itself probably $550 is average I suppose?

Do you think your mpg improved w/ the tune?

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you think your mpg improved w/ the tune?

There is no doubt. Stock tune for me is the worst mpg I can get. If I step up to non-ethanol I pick up 1-1.5mpg on average. If I goto non-ethanol and 91 tune (only non-eth I can get) and drive sane I can get almost 20. I mean it varies between high 18&19 on slow highway trips for work. I average 1/2 tank a week and it will come out to 18-19.

Kinda funny you can see it all happening on the dash. stock=more gas pedal less turbo, with the tune=way more turbo less gas pedal. I find myself giving it less gas to do the same amount of work, the downfall is eventually you will learn that with more gas pedal=way more fun :D

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before my MPT tune I was getting 17.9 in Houston. After the tune I'm down to 17.3. Mostly highway miles, but that means 60-65 in Houston. When I take longer trips on the highway at 70+MPH the fuel econ really starts to drop. Something about driving a huge brick down the interstate and physics.